+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wonder what happen to Prince Zareph

Default I wonder what happen to Prince Zareph

very curious what Trion has planned for this.
    Hey just up and vanished. who remains as the era to the throne of the Guardian's humans?
    what happen to him and why?
    could he have betrayed the Guardians to join his brother?
    if so, I speculate that Orphiel could be a betrayer as well. what you think?

Sword of Telara

He went missing during the fall of Port Scion.

In all likelihood he is dead as hell.

In the comic (and also the lore I think) Prince Zareph used his soul to destroy the corrupted ward that gave the death rift over Port Scion its power. He basically made himself a living bomb.
    "I do not expect the Ascended and mortals of Telara to forgive me for descending into the madness of Akylios. I do not seek redemption in their eyes. For it is Tavril that allows me to roam the lands without treading on thorns, it is Thedeor that still grants me the skill to slay my foes, it is Bahralt that allows my equipment to not wane from use, it is Mariel-Taun that gives me the courage to defend my friends and allies, and it is Thontic that broke the madness that once plagued my soul..."

Quote Originally Posted by SindriMyr21 View Post
    In the comic (and also the lore I think) Prince Zareph used his soul to destroy the corrupted ward that gave the death rift over Port Scion its power. He basically made himself a living bomb.
    The current belief by the NPCs in the game is that Zareph 'sacrificed himself' to 'seal the city' - to keep the invasions of Death locked within Port Scion so they couldn't spread any further, which is why you can clearly see that the city itself is still infested.

Of course, we can enter Port Scion in a Warfront; maybe that's the one area he didn't seal?

And Asha seems to believe that Zareph may still be alive. So it's up in the air as to whether he's actually dead. Personally, I think he has to be alive in some form, otherwise Orphiel and Asha would just revive him in a Resurrection Forge. The fact that they can't find his soul means it's still in a body. Or, uh, that Sindri is right and his soul was outright destroyed. Poor Asha.
    Last edited by Xerokine; 09-25-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

He probably only sealed the city to deathtouched. The warfront takes place in the central region of the city, so its likely that ascended can walk freely in there (except for EC resistance, of course).

As for asha, she mainly believes defiants can resurrect him via Alsbeth's device. But alas, guardian ascended destroyed it in the River of Souls. At least it's what we, guardians, get to see there. Kalmar punches her in the face and we proceed to kill the boss.

+ Reply to Thread