+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If you had to join a Dragon Cult...

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Question If you had to join a Dragon Cult...

If you were coerced or convinced into joining a Dragon Cult, which would you join?
    1. House Aelfwar; servants of Greenscale, the master of excess whose desire to obliterate all systems of order and restraint is unmatched.
    2. Storm Legion; servants of Crucia, the mistress locked in ice whose mind wanders free, subjugating weaker fools into playing her hand.
    3. Wanton; servants of Maelforge, the lord of senseless destruction--no others may join the revelry, and the act of destroying is, in itself, sacred.
    4. Abyssal; servants of Akylios, prince of madness whose very influence can drive anyone insane and erode their trust in reality.
    5. Golden Maw; servants of Laethys, the queen of avarice whose envy for the riches of the world knows no bounds, and all roads to wealth are justified.
    6. Endless Court; servants of Regulos the destroyer, whose passionate drive to end all transience is boundless -- nothing is permanent except oblivion.
    Let's assume this is a Personality Test more than it is a "My Blood Storm God can kick your Blood Storm God's butt" contest.
    I'd also deeply appreciate discussion about why you think your chosen Cult would be a good fit for your flavor of insanity. =]
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

For myself, I'd probably join the Storm Legion.

Crucia is nobody's fool. She's a thinker; as calculating and precise as she is cold and clairvoyant. She embodies ice in this way, which is beyond ironic considering the nature of her prison.
    More than anything a leader needs to see farther and clearer than his enemies, which I think no other Dragon can do quite like her.

Long live Crucia! Long live the Storm Legion!
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Aelfwar - Nope. Ew. They annoy me.
    Storm Legion - I like my mind. I want to learn tons about Crucia, but her cult? Nooo thanks I will not join.
    Wanton - I'm human so that counts me out. They'd rather kill me, even if I wanted to join. (btw I'd love to know what race those Emberlords are. They cannot be human right?)
    Abyssal - Ooo cool! With the Water Saga I figure I can have fun while I still live, right?
    Golden Maw - Ok, I can have material envy towards many people, but I also am VERY much of the feeling that modesty (even if I had millions) is the best policy. So..no.
    Endless Court - Emo goth chicks.

So I guess it is Abyssal, but I may also go for Storm Legion. Depends who 'calls my mind' first ;)
    Last edited by Maeloda; 09-20-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Wanton - I'm human so that counts me out. They'd rather kill me, even if I wanted to join. (btw I'd love to know what race those Emberlords are. They cannot be human right?)
    Well, what if you could be inexplicably Goblin-ified? Or made into a Centaur/Dragonian/Kobold/Demon? (I think the Emberlords are just written off as "Demons" in the same way that no special race is given to the Undead usually)

I think everyone's got a bit of Wanton in them. You've never stared at a flame or a bonfire and thought it beautiful?

Example; I believe the Wanton would consider the Nuclear Bomb (mushroom cloud, miles of incineration, generations-long radiation, etc) to be high art.
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-21-2011 at 12:00 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I'd go for:
    "Abyssal; servants of Akylios, prince of madness whose very influence can drive anyone insane and erode their trust in reality."

If I had to serve a dragon I surely wouldn't want to have my mind sane, so I had the chance to doubt my own actions. No, insane madness all the way and with a laugh to match thank you ^_^
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    No, insane madness all the way and with a laugh to match thank you ^_^
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter! :-D
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-21-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Storm Legion. Most likely I wouldn't be making the conscious choice to join this cult, but hey, mind controlled people live in bliss eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Well, what if you could be inexplicably Goblin-ified? Or made into a Centaur/Dragonian/Kobold/Demon? (I think the Emberlords are just written off as "Demons" in the same way that no special race is given to the Undead usually)

I think everyone's got a bit of Wanton in them. You've never stared at a flame or a bonfire and thought it beautiful?

Example; I believe the Wanton would consider the Nuclear Bomb (mushroom cloud, miles of incineration, generations-long radiation, etc) to be high art.
    I could imagine that the 'demons' could be the corrupted forms of humans who embraced destruction and fire planar magic.

Plane Walker

today I am feeling like I want to join House Aelfwar because I face trying to make order of gardens left unattended and wanting to leave them be to see nature takes its course without me being a part of this so maybe not fully following House Aelfwar.

and I am beginning to think the Lore Writers belong to the Abyssal, especially since just reading about the Travel Stones and wondering again about the Porticulums and if the Porticulums were in existence before the Blood Storm wars or now is it these Travel Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    today I am feeling like I want to join House Aelfwar because I face trying to make order of gardens left unattended and wanting to leave them be to see nature takes its course without me being a part of this so maybe not fully following House Aelfwar.

and I am beginning to think the Lore Writers belong to the Abyssal, especially since just reading about the Travel Stones and wondering again about the Porticulums and if the Porticulums were in existence before the Blood Storm wars or now is it these Travel Stones.
    It could be that travel stones would be for crossing VERY long distances, and uses the same nature of magic.

Plane Walker

the image of them makes me think of Atlantis

Telaran

Oh, Abyssal for sure *boggles eyes with dubious sanity*
    Faeblight Defiant Eth Mage Quay

I'll hypothesize that nobody, or very few people, will want to join the Endless. Most people might wish to be with Higher-Than-A-Life-Rift Akylios... though the Fae do seem to have a lot of fun. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I'll hypothesize that nobody, or very few people, will want to join the Endless. Most people might wish to be with Higher-Than-A-Life-Rift Akylios... though the Fae do seem to have a lot of fun. ;D
    They would have to love the idea of death and ending their own life. Or be like Alsbeth and want more absolute power (notice that Death tends to interact 'well' with at least Life, Water...)

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    They would have to love the idea of death and ending their own life. Or be like Alsbeth and want more absolute power (notice that Death tends to interact 'well' with at least Life, Water...)
    Or the lighter side of it, which has a Buddhist mentality of "All things are transient, everything must pass." I think it'd be possible to take the positives of Water (healing, fluidity), of Fire (passion, courage), of Earth (stoicism, loyalty) and all the others, and find similarly good things about the plane of Death... or at least one's attunement there-to.

Remember, all of the Dragons take their native Plane and then preach a corrupted version of it. The good things about Death (or even just death) could be that it brings peace, finality, conclusion, importance/gravity, and equality. If you know your next 2 months will be your last, you'll try to make them count while reaching an internal grace with the idea of dying. Nothing else can spur that kind of thinking.

So I suppose, with me realizing that and noticing its place in "the scheme of things", I'd also join the Endless Court if the option was open.
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-21-2011 at 08:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast