+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Anuhart

Thread: Ships!

Soulwalker

Default Ships!

Similar question to the one posted about the Airships, though this one aimed more at those water based. Anyhow! Question time, is there any reason lore wise as to why neither faction has any apparent navel force? I mean the Defiant have a rather large portion of ocean facing in a rather delightful way towards Sanctum, not to mention Guardian's with Three Springs making a rather neat spot to set up a harbour and workshops for boat building.

Reasons I ask is due to rp, I have a growing story with another whom is a Pirate and getting a ship on the open sea, if not physically, then without breaking lore rply would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Another FAILTHREAD by a poster with an ego problem.
    Jeez, why has it always to be the Mage forums to attract such... ?!

Sword of Telara

Ever since the Shade, the rifts have been doing one over on Telara. Besides the obvious planar invasions, the rifts also cause major geographical turmoil.

In short, kilometer high waves do not equal happy sailing.

Akylios is dead.

Endless Court and death minions have taken major hits. The Shade's effects are gradually passing.

Therefore I want a ship!!

PLEASE Trion, put a small harbor out at Kelari Refuge and Sanctum and make us take a good boat over to Ember Isle when it opens up.

THEN you can allow us to either use a special 'stone' or the portaculum to get there. But PLEASE, I want ships in this game

The dwarves can construct a mighty vessel, and the Kelari can regroup and synth their spirits and magitech together.

OP, if you have a Guardian, take notice of the conversation the NPC's are having just to the south (right outside) of the guild bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I put more thought into this. Keep in mind that I don't know all the facts, and this is just my "OMG why are they NOT seeming to use SHIPS for the ISLAND content WTFFF" fanboy rage going:

"After seeing the 1.5 World Event dailies, I'm concerned. I hope there is more than just 'travel stones' involved with Ember Isle. Why?

1)Akylios is dead, and Shade is fading = waters should be passable for boats, to at least a noticeably better degree.

2)Kelari will want their home back, especially after knowing the efforts of the dwarves to retake Hammerknell. Magitech PLUS spirits should make a sturdy enough vessel to cross the oceans. They'll want to pursue the Maw but most of all make an effort into reclaiming the Isles (assuming Ember Isle is involved with the Kelari). They can launch off of Kelari Refuge.

3)The Guardians will be struck at their heart in 1.5 Chronicles of Attunement and they'll have the Maw against them too. Using the dwarven skills and blessed instruments, they can set sale from Three Springs to Ember Isle to pursue and eliminate the cultists.

It seems like a perfect setup for introducing ferry travel to Rift. It does NOT have to be only this method - since travel stones could be activated on the other side on the Isle - but for a first visit I think it would be much more interesting and proper to have the factions enter by boat.

And seeing boats capable of this trip is now not foreign to Rift. We see at least one or two good boats on the PTS videos of Ember Isle. These assets exist."

Near Three Springs there are a defiant ship (with a bunch of Defiant Guards on it) docked.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Soulwalker

Firstly thanks for all the feed back! It's been great!

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    OP, if you have a Guardian, take notice of the conversation the NPC's are having just to the south (right outside) of the guild bankers.
    Secondly, I don't, but if you're willing to fill me in that'd be great ^^ More a Defiant at heart then some religion nut =O (Opinion not fact!)

Also, agreeing with Maeloda here, having Trion instigate Ferries into the game at this point would be great, and a perfect time for them to do so. Not to mention with Akylios being dead Navel forces would be a lot easier to get together/maintain.

Aaanway, main reason for my questions earlier is because a friend and I are looking at ~rebuilding~ a ship and taking to the seas for some... Commandeering... Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorsong View Post
    I don't, but if you're willing to fill me in that'd be great
    Then great it is.
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/52/...mapimage22.png

I don't log in anymore.

Plane Walker

I like what Thontic says in this :)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Thanks, that's great xD Just guess I'll have to recruit a crew and build my boat and get a sailing then! Discoveries to be made n' all ^^

Plane Touched

I like the idea of class based ships.

Rogues get some type of submarine. That way it's kind of stealthy y'know? Maybe some kind of big marlin or Shark so it can ram other ships from below. Kind of like assassinate.

Warriors get barges, or some kind of ramming boat. Big and monstorous looking. Maybe a big smokestack, and blood red standards hanging. Skulls could be a nice touch.

Mages get some kind of magic ship that has plenty of cloth flowing and swaying in the breeze, maybe levitating just above the sruface of the water? Crystals jutting out in some places? Who knows, but make it mystical.

Clerics get some type of....I don't even know. I really have no idea haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    I like the idea of class based ships.

Rogues get some type of submarine. That way it's kind of stealthy y'know? Maybe some kind of big marlin or Shark so it can ram other ships from below. Kind of like assassinate.

Warriors get barges, or some kind of ramming boat. Big and monstorous looking. Maybe a big smokestack, and blood red standards hanging. Skulls could be a nice touch.

Mages get some kind of magic ship that has plenty of cloth flowing and swaying in the breeze, maybe levitating just above the sruface of the water? Crystals jutting out in some places? Who knows, but make it mystical.

Clerics get some type of....I don't even know. I really have no idea haha.
    Clerics get all of the above?

I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread