+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The dragon theory

Plane Touched

Default The dragon theory

PLEASE NOTE: THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS FOR SPECULATION AND MOST OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS BASED FROM RUMOUR AND OBSERVATIONS.
    I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT FACT.

Greenscale, lord of the untamed, master of the wilderness. Fierce. Powerful. But some may say...Weak. As the first of his brood to fall, it would seem that Greenscale is the weakest link in the blood storm.

Akylios, the second dragon to fall. No doubt his insanity played a role. Weak? Maybe. Who can accurately judge a god.

The first 2 dragons have fallen. Who will be next? Who will be last? That's what this thread will be exploring.

The origin of my theory comes from the fact that Greenscale is the first to fall. Normally, this wouldn't be of any significance, BUT Life is the polar opposite of Death. Regulos is assumed to be the last dragon to die. It would make sense, as he is the leader of the Blood Storm. So Greenscale (Life) is the first to die, and Regulos (Death) is the last to die.

My first theory is that a dragons polar opposite dragon will occur in a pattern working towards the middle.
    In order from first dragon to last dragon to be released here is my prediction.
    Greenscale > Akylios > Laethys > Crucia > Maelforge > Regulos
    The reason I chose Laethys and then Crucia is because wealth is fleeting, it can be destroyed. The mind is alive for as long as a person lives.
    HOWEVER this theory could be undone by releasing Maelforge in 1.5 or 1.6 as would seem to be the case with Ember Isles.

My second theory is that the dragons will be realeased in the order of how permenant their element is. It goes like this; Life is easily snuffed out, therefore Greenscale is the weakest. Death is eternal, therefore Regulos is the strongest. If this is the case, then the order would be more like
    Greenscale > Akylios > Maelforge > Crucia > Laethys > Regulos
    This is because Fire can be put out as quickly as it's started, Air is fleeting, and incosistent, Earth is never really destroyed, but merely reshaped.

Anyone else have theories? I would love to read them

Greenscale -> Akylios -> Mealforge -> Leathys -> Crucia -> Regulos -> Myself.
    Last edited by EranB; 09-19-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Greenscale -> Akylios -> Mealforge -> Leathys -> Crucia -> Regulos -> Myself.
    But WHY do you feel this way? Any method to your madness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    But WHY do you feel this way? Any method to your madness?
    Greenscale and Akylios are already predetermined.
    Focus for next patch is on Maelforge, so he's likely next.

From this point on, well.
    We know Laethys is locked within the Charmer's Caldera, and Crucia is locked within the frozen lake in IPP.
    Regulos is not currently in Telara, but some other unknown realm.

Throughout the game, Crucia is described as a most powerful being, that can dominate anything and anyone with her mind, so powerful she is second only to Regulos.

No offense to laethys, but what does she offer agains't Crucia's mind control and domination, and Regulas' doom and death?
    All Laethys got, is becoming corrupt due to the temptation of greed.
    It just doesn't cut it.

Crucia is the most powerful dragon, hands down. She can trick and manipulate endlessly. Everything happening may simply be part of her overall game. Regulos may even be playing into that game, and his actions will ultimately serve Crucia's endgame.

Didn't all the gold fall from the sky?

To me that says our fav Golden Dragon may be somewhere other then the volcano...
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Sword of Telara

Crucia and Regulos are going to be last.

I might even place Regulos before Crucia. She's probably the most dangerous of the Blood Storm - she just has yet to show her hand(s).

Plane Touched

Regulos and Crucia will mate to yield some weirdo spawn that kills them both.

Sword of Telara

I'm frankly surprised Laethys has lived as long as she has. Unless there's some crazy awesome twist, she seems really REALLY weak compared to the others.

Even her cult is kinda tame. What does the Golden Maw even DO?

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    I'm frankly surprised Laethys has lived as long as she has. Unless there's some crazy awesome twist, she seems really REALLY weak compared to the others.

Even her cult is kinda tame. What does the Golden Maw even DO?
    Ruin the economy of cities, basically.

When they have the time between their hedonistic parties.

Plane Touched

To be honest I always pegged Akylios as the weakest. His cult basically...likes to know things? K. Makes sense. They just don't seem to have a direction, or end goal.

I still have a sort of hunch that there is something even after Regulos- Ouroboros.
    Which is kind of a strecth I'm sure but I'm trying to guess off of the Big Book of Eth Conspiracy, which might be totally false.

Anyways, another dragon based connection that I thought of though that might be relevant is that I really think each race is tied to the dragon plotlines, based on their elemental resistance racials. At first I thought the resistances were a bit out of place when the game first came out (i mean dwarf=water???) but I think there is a solid design there now!
    For example:
    Greenscale = Life = Connection to the High Elves (Aelfwar, Hylas and Shyla Starhearth)
    Akylios = Water = Connection to the Dwarves (Scotty/Runeguard, Hammerknell)
    Regulos = Death = Connection to the Mathosians (Aedraxis/Zareph/Cyril, Mathosia, Alsbeth)
    Maelforge = Fire = Connection to the Kelari (Imprisoned in the ancestral Kelari Fire Isles, probably willl connect to Sylver Valis somehow too (coincidence that the wanton cult and his lores are being opened now?)
    Laethys = Earth = Connection to the Eth (Imprisonment related a lot to the lost city of Eboni, and the ancient Eth laboratory in CC- I still think flying above ss, and we'll probably see the Eth notable figure come into play too)
    Crucia = Air/Wind = Connection to the Bahmi (Storm Fury tribe imprisoned her in ipp and watches over her, Bahmi are from the plane of air)
    Last edited by Inixia; 09-19-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I still have a sort of hunch that there is something even after Regulos- Ouroboros.
    Which is kind of a strecth I'm sure but I'm trying to guess off of the Big Book of Eth Conspiracy, which might be totally false.

Anyways, another dragon based connection that I thought of though that might be relevant is that I really think each race is tied to the dragon plotlines, based on their elemental resistance racials. At first I thought the resistances were a bit out of place when the game first came out (i mean dwarf=water???) but I think there is a solid design there now!
    For example:
    Greenscale = Life = Connection to the High Elves (Aelfwar, Hylas and Shyla Starhearth)
    Akylios = Water = Connection to the Dwarves (Scotty/Runeguard, Hammerknell)
    Regulos = Death = Connection to the Mathosians (Aedraxis/Zareph/Cyril, Mathosia, Alsbeth)
    Maelforge = Fire = Connection to the Kelari (Imprisoned in the ancestral Kelari Fire Isles, probably willl connect to Sylver Valis somehow too (coincidence that the wanton cult and his lores are being opened now?)
    Laethys = Earth = Connection to the Eth (Imprisonment related a lot to the lost city of Eboni, and the ancient Eth laboratory in CC- I still think flying above ss, and we'll probably see the Eth notable figure come into play too)
    Crucia = Air/Wind = Connection to the Bahmi (Storm Fury tribe imprisoned her in ipp and watches over her, Bahmi are from the plane of air)
    What is Ouroboros?

What is Ouroboros?
    um I'm probably misreading it but...
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/The_Big_...spiracy_(Book)
    Last edited by Inixia; 09-19-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Sword of Telara

What is Ouroboros?
    Time-traveling, dimension consuming Regulos.

With a flamethrower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast