+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SindriMyr21

Thread: Fae from a Death Rift? whats the lore behind that?

Default Fae from a Death Rift? whats the lore behind that?

There are Fae coming from a Death Rift. whats the lore behind that?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    There are Fae coming from a Death Rift. whats the lore behind that?
    If we extrapolate from what happens in Expert Runic Descent, it seems that Alsbeth has been a busy girl, and has been "recruiting" various fae to the dark side with promises of power etc - presumably they're bringing their underlings with them as well.

Gone for a (long) while... but now I'm back.

Essentially, remember all those fae you've been killing? Guess where they went and who has power of them now?

Yeah.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

I have an example, Atrophinius was slain in Realm of the Fae, however you fight him again in Expert Runic Descent because Alsbeth raised him from the dead. ANY Fae creatures that appear from a death rift are either undead or those that have been promised power by Regulos for servitude.
    "I do not expect the Ascended and mortals of Telara to forgive me for descending into the madness of Akylios. I do not seek redemption in their eyes. For it is Tavril that allows me to roam the lands without treading on thorns, it is Thedeor that still grants me the skill to slay my foes, it is Bahralt that allows my equipment to not wane from use, it is Mariel-Taun that gives me the courage to defend my friends and allies, and it is Thontic that broke the madness that once plagued my soul..."

They were living.

Then they died.

They are undead, and added to the host of Regulos' minions (or rather sent to the plane of Death/corrupted, and Regulos gathers them).

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

LOL, what's a band of immortal heroes to do?

If we kill our enemies, Regulos gets them and sends them back at us. If we let them live, that's a problem unto itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

It could simply be one rift layered over another? I've seen that happen frequently enough. I saw a fire and a death rift right on top of each other and it was sooooo pretty.

cleric - faeblight - <legacy of the covenant>

Rift Master

Life creatures can be corrupted with death energy.

Example: Greenscale is corrupted with death energy and thus must be slain (according to Defiant death saga quest)

One more: Galenir is closely related to the lycantophy curse cast on some of the Aelfwar. Rather than opposing the death-magic based curse, they embrace it and are corrupted this way until they eventually turn to serving Reggy/Alsbeth.

Another thing:
    You slay Atropinus in Realm of the Fae. He is pretty grim but overall he is interested in drinking all day long.
    Alsbeth brings him back and you slay him again in eRD. He is out for vengeance and much more grim than in Realm of the Fae (drink your blood etc.).
    In the new Greenscale Chronicle, Atropinus is summoned by that half-naked guardian elf-chick and he seems to be fine again.

So maybe life and death are reversible for death/life creatures? They can die or be corrupted so they are more like death creatures but they can also be cleansed and returned to life.

Plane Walker

I really like this idea that it could be one rift layered over another, intersecting, I imagine them beautiful as well, I wonder what a water and life one would look like
    Last edited by Mythue; 09-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread