+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The King became the Avatar of Regulos, but we destroyed the avatar in starter area

Default The King became the Avatar of Regulos, but we destroyed the avatar in starter area

Does that mean Regulos doesnt have a avatar anymore? Hey didnt Regulos do this same thing with the Defiant leader, the high general lady?

Sword of Telara

He tried.

Failed.

He's kinda up the Soulstream without a paddle now. Hence why he isn't rolling around the countryside killing people.

Hey didnt Regulos do this same thing with the Defiant leader, the high general lady?
    Did what? Offered power? Unlike certain Guardian fanatics, Asha Catari refused his offer.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiri View Post
    Did what? Offered power? Unlike certain Guardian fanatics, Asha Catari refused his offer.
    Only because she was rescued through Ascension by Orphiel. If he'd been a few moments too late, well, Asha would be no less corrupted than Shyla.

Regulos' corruption is less like offering power as it is subjugation until the person caves to servitude, then they relish the newfound power. Consider the soul-destroying deeds of Marshall Kain, and how in his desperation to find a purpose, turned to Regulos (wrongly believing that was the path set out for him by the Gods).

To say that the Defiant are somehow immune to this temptation (they who desire power and the ability to change their world above all things), especially when compared to the Guardians (who flat-out believe that all the power they need, they've been given, and they seek no mortal kingdom) is silly. Both factions are equally susceptible, and equally devastated when a high-ranking member from their numbers goes Benedict Arnold.

So long as the comment was directed only at Marshall Kain, however, then yes I agree. Kain gonna feel the Pain Train.
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I think the allusion may have been toward Alsbeth.

And the pieces of Aedraxis-empowered-by-Regulos still have quite a bit of power, and can potentially be used to revive Aedraxis - and thus return Regulos to something resembling a physical form. Without one, he's basically stuck outside the Ward.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Asha was 'only offered the position as a general of Regulos.

Basically, she was chosen before Alsbeth was. LMAO poor Alsbeth, /troll

She would have likely been corrupted if she was exposed to the power over time, but she was rescued from the Plane of Death. She also resisted long enough for this to happen, whereas Alsbeth likely agreed with Regulos instantly lol.

So yeah, Asha likely has a chip on she shoulder, knowing that she was a hairsbreath away from being an Alsbeth/Kain/etcccccc

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Does that mean Regulos doesnt have a avatar anymore? Hey didnt Regulos do this same thing with the Defiant leader, the high general lady?
    Aedraxis wasn't so much an avatar of Regulos as he was a living mote of Regulos. They were one and the same being, yearning to be re-united.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post

She would have likely been corrupted if she was exposed to the power over time, but she was rescued from the Plane of Death. She also resisted long enough for this to happen, whereas Alsbeth likely agreed with Regulos instantly lol.

So yeah, Asha likely has a chip on she shoulder, knowing that she was a hairsbreath away from being an Alsbeth/Kain/etcccccc
    Or she could be corrupted without knowing it.... btw why doesn't she have the shadetouched buff when targetted ingame.. she fully meets the description of shadetouched)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Ascendant

No, Asha doesn't have the Shadetouched buff or particle effect on her. She either has Dark Armour or Warlock Armour on her in Meridian though (the Warlock buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post

For some reason I get the strange feeling that Alsbeth might have resisted a bit but in the end, power was too much to ignore. In RoS, unlike the rest of the Endless Court, she didn't seem particularly chummy with Regulos and all to eager to just ditch him for a power source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    For some reason I get the strange feeling that Alsbeth might have resisted a bit but in the end, power was too much to ignore. In RoS, unlike the rest of the Endless Court, she didn't seem particularly chummy with Regulos and all to eager to just ditch him for a power source.
    Regulos didn't even necessarily have to offer her power. He may have offered her an end to her suffering, or a clean slate where her families name does not mean disgrace, or something else unique to her, that would be hard to refuse. We've also seen Regulos corrupt unwilling souls, like that guy who helps you in Iron Tombs. So we can't just assume Regulos' offer is the same to every person, as it was to Ahsa.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Regulos didn't even necessarily have to offer her power. He may have offered her an end to her suffering, or a clean slate where her families name does not mean disgrace, or something else unique to her, that would be hard to refuse. We've also seen Regulos corrupt unwilling souls, like that guy who helps you in Iron Tombs. So we can't just assume Regulos' offer is the same to every person, as it was to Ahsa.
    I assumed it was power as, when you confront her in the Soulstream, power is all that seems to matter to her. After Regulos refuses to give her more, she spurns him easily ("Damn you Regulos! I shall take it from the Soulstream instead!"). If he had promised her something else, I imagine she would have called him on it instead.

I assumed it was power as, when you confront her in the Soulstream, power is all that seems to matter to her. After Regulos refuses to give her more, she spurns him easily ("Damn you Regulos! I shall take it from the Soulstream instead!"). If he had promised her something else, I imagine she would have called him on it instead.
    Ah, haven't beat river of souls. Not much of a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Ah, haven't beat river of souls. Not much of a raider.
    I had wondered, now I know. Glad to be of assistance then =)

I had wondered, now I know. Glad to be of assistance then =)
    This is why the chronicals in 1.5 are invaluable to lore junkies. Too much of the really important revelations are hidden away in content most won't see.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-11-2011 at 12:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast