+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manipulation?

Default Manipulation?

Reading the lore and running through both factions in beta 4 I get the nagging suspicion that someone is playing games with both sides. It is a time of great stress so it would be easy for a group or faction to infiltrate the camps and lead them to war with each other instead of combining and wiping out the rifts.

Or it could be an easy way to set up a PVP system in a game world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    Reading the lore and running through both factions in beta 4 I get the nagging suspicion that someone is playing games with both sides. It is a time of great stress so it would be easy for a group or faction to infiltrate the camps and lead them to war with each other instead of combining and wiping out the rifts.

Or it could be an easy way to set up a PVP system in a game world.
    Yeah, I thought about something like this. One natural faction would be outlaws to both factions. Another would be infiltrators who can play the main factions against each other. They would have to be NPCs, though, I guess, unless Trion set up some disguised, meta-gaming (if that's the right word) function (perhaps on a timer) that would let people appear to be members of an opposing faction.

Don't know if this makes sense, but it crossed my mind.

I think it's Regulos. As long as he keeps the Guardians and the Defiants warring against each other, they can't unite to fight him. The best way to beat an enemy is for him to divide them and conquer. The warring parties do half his work for him and don't even realize they are being manipulated into kiling each other off so his job in taking Telara is easier.

If I were an evil mistress of the universe, that's what I'd do *evil sly smile* not that...I'm...evil or anything. *polishes nails and pretends innocence*
    Last edited by defafnyr; 01-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.

If it is actually there I would guess Regulos as well. Interesting to see how the game progresses and what happens at endgame. Maybe another split where Guadians and Defiant can ally (not completely join together) to defeat all aspects of Regulos.

+ Reply to Thread