+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where in the world is Terminus?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Where in the world is Terminus?

    So I'm pretty sure Mathosia was what is now Stillmoor, but it doesn't seem as obvious for Terminus. The scenery looks somewhat like Stillmoor too, but as far as I am aware the Life Factory we wake up in was found in Freemarch. This also explains why we appear in Freemarch (moving in time but not space) but then why does the geography of the zone not match at all? Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    First: You traveld in time and space.

    Second, Terminus is not located in Freemarch. The Arc is just the first live factory discovered. The one at terminus was discovered later on.

    It's probably located somewhere at the edge of the continent. Maybe west of End Valley.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    I believe Terminus is indeed in Stillmoor, I've seen several posts discussing that over the months, though exactly where in the 'present day' Stillmoor it will one day be I have no idea. One person I read suggested that the rift in Terminus is the Eye of Regulos as we see it 'today', though I didn't find his reasoning convincing.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-07-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    It's in freemarch. Though I can't explain why the geography doesn't match, but the failsafe doesn't move, nor does it allow spacial travel. It is in the exact same spot in Terminus as it is in the Present, so freemarch.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-07-2011 at 05:10 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It's in freemarch. .
    Source ?

    The terrain and architecture is nothing like Freemarch at all, it's almost entirely in keeping however with Stillmoor.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-07-2011 at 05:25 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Source ?

    The terrain and architecture is nothing like Freemarch at all, it's almost entirely in keeping however with Stillmoor.
    Go figure, Stillmoor is a death touched zone, and Terminus is about to be consumed by the dragon of death, of course the terrain is going to be similar, but the failsafe is in freemarch. Source is, the friggen game, play it some time.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-07-2011 at 05:44 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Go figure, Stillmoor is a death touched zone, and Terminus is about to be consumed by the dragon of death, of course the terrain is going to be similar, but the failsafe is in freemarch. Source is, the friggen game, play it some time.
    Thanks for the friendly (sic) reply, I have played the game, since Head Start.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-07-2011 at 05:48 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    447

    Default

    what is behind the wall in the Arc of the Ascended, could it be the hidden life factory?

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Arynite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I'm going to go out on a wild limb here...

    *If* Terminus is indeed in Freemarch...

    There's no sign of water in the future zone. This means that some of the zone may very well be located under present day sea level. Most of the ground, both above and below water is soft materials (soil/sand), which could be scoured away to reveal a very different looking terrain.


    Other theory: Sourcestone Bombs blew up the terrain. It's really an artifact too!
    Eshlon@Greybriar

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    It's best to just ignore Sinndel in these discussions. It is just a troll who's convinced its ideas are right, then becomes belligerent about it, and never presents any sort of source to back it up.

    I don't think Terminus is in Freemarch, it wouldn't really make much sense. It'd be difficult to hide out in a secret underground location that also happens to be right next to your military headquarters, after said headquarters has been sacked by an opposing force. My guess is somewhere in Droughtlands/Shimmer or other previously Eth-controlled areas, it IS, after all, a hidden Eth lab.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Meharial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    602

    Default

    The fact that you start out on a hill, descend into a deep valley and then go up a hill to the Failsafe seems interesting. Secondly, you go back to when the Failsafe was first activated. Nothing suggests that it wasn't moved since then, and even if, you go back to it the moment it was activated, no matter where it is. Think less "time machine" (where you and the machine stays in one place) and more "temporal worm hole." (You and the machine are separate entities, you travel, it doesn't.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

    Yeah, that piece is canon.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    It's best to just ignore Sinndel in these discussions. It is just a troll who's convinced its ideas are right, then becomes belligerent about it, and never presents any sort of source to back it up.

    I don't think Terminus is in Freemarch, it wouldn't really make much sense. It'd be difficult to hide out in a secret underground location that also happens to be right next to your military headquarters, after said headquarters has been sacked by an opposing force. My guess is somewhere in Droughtlands/Shimmer or other previously Eth-controlled areas, it IS, after all, a hidden Eth lab.
    Am I allowed to use hypocrissy and ad hominem as a source like you do?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Meharial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Am I allowed to use hypocrissy and ad hominem as a source like you do?
    No, but strawman arguments and red herrings are ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

    Yeah, that piece is canon.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    No, but strawman arguments and red herrings are ok.
    Not fair, you're OP.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    You can, and do, use whatever logical fallacies you like. Feel free to continue :-P

    Terminus is surrounded by mountains, and is a valley, so I would assume that it's a remote place on the map we can't access, and there's a lot of area like that on the fringe of Shimmer/Drought, which is also why I suggest that it's there. It'd make sense that it's in a difficult to access spot, as its the last holdout against Regulos and somehow remained despite Guardians trying to scour the world of Defiant. And, like I said, ancient Eth machinery, ancient Eth territory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts