+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any chance on a Troll/Hill giant race?

Telaran

Default Any chance on a Troll/Hill giant race?

According to the creature list mountain trolls exist and the picture depicted is similiar to a D&D troll - very large and most likely not going to be avail as a player race.

I have consistently been a troll in eq1, eq2 and a HG in Vanguard. What are other people thoughts on non humanoid player races. Dorfs and elfs just really do not do it for me.

Plane Touched

I played a troll in DAOC. The question is, would the architecture be borked and be too short for a taller race?

all races have been revealed, either officially or from the gamescom event
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Well technically speaking Troll IS a humanoid creature. But back to the question, having a big variety of races means there are more things to explore and more unique player across the world, which is fine with me!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    all races have been revealed, either officially or from the gamescom event
    Could you link where the last defiant class was reviled, I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshima View Post
    Could you link where the last defiant class was reviled, I missed it.
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Kelari
    http://www.rift-calculator.com/#/info/show-3 [check pictures of the race there]
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

thanks for the info

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vlahkmaak View Post
    According to the creature list mountain trolls exist and the picture depicted is similiar to a D&D troll - very large and most likely not going to be avail as a player race.

I have consistently been a troll in eq1, eq2 and a HG in Vanguard. What are other people thoughts on non humanoid player races. Dorfs and elfs just really do not do it for me.
    A system could be devised whereby only Troll craftsmen could make Troll armour, weapons; making them truly independant and unique; because they are highly unusual.

It could apply to other races too, so instead of factions in the races, they're truly separated by their culturistic identities.

It shouldn't be just class mechanics that seperate players, but the race dependencies too.

The size problem - there isn't one. Just scale them down to a player playable model - so they fit on normal mounts; or at least a slightly larger than normal model base.
    Last edited by ignitus; 08-28-2010 at 04:19 AM.

It would certainly be interesting with some type of monstrous race. I guess we will see what happens in the future.

+ Reply to Thread