+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meharial

Thread: Dragon Death(?) or Banishment?

Rift Chaser

Default Dragon Death(?) or Banishment?

Greetings Lorekeepers,

I have a simple question (Or complex, depending on your take on it) for you to explain or debate or tell me to go away from your holy domain.

Assuming with Rift Lore that the instant a Raidboss is released, they are 'dead' (In the 'past' of current rift timeline, as it were); according to the Lore and whatnot, does each dragon's death serve to empower / give that plane's energy to Regulos? I'm just a raider with curiosity towards the lore, and I found Regulos' speech when Alsbeth dies interesting, as he refers to you as his most useful tool yet, and encourages you that every step taken and every interloper slain serves his purposes.

Does this mean when Greenscale died (Even though imprisoned by Regulos?) that he becomes Regulos' servant, or his essence is stripped and becomes Dead/Death within the Ward? And what of Akylios? *shrug* I'm sure some hints have been dropped elsewhere, or within the countless collectibles/books/etc. Anyone care to enlighten?

The only reason why Telara was able to fight off and seal the Blood Storm in the first place is because the other dragons didn't take too kindly to the fact that Regulos' agenda auto-precluded all of theirs. If and when the Ward breaks from stress, the less dragons around to hold off Regulos, the easier time of winning he'll have.

There is also speculation that the dragons aren't actually "dead" just their avatar is destroyed, essentially cutting off their influence and shunting ALL of them outside of the Ward. In essence, Greenscale and Akylios at full power would now be joining Regulos in trying to break into Telara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    There is also speculation that the dragons aren't actually "dead" just their avatar is destroyed, essentially cutting off their influence and shunting ALL of them outside of the Ward. In essence, Greenscale and Akylios at full power would now be joining Regulos in trying to break into Telara.
    So 'Killing' their avatar/form doesn't actually harm them in any way? It's just a manifestation of their presence? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Asono View Post
    So 'Killing' their avatar/form doesn't actually harm them in any way? It's just a manifestation of their presence? o.O
    Maybe. Back during their first invasion, Regulos was 'killed'. Look at how well that took. But that was before the Ward was created. Maybe Greenscale and Akylios can't "retreat" to the Planes because of the Ward, and that's why their Essence was scattered across Telara? Who knows.

Killing a dragon-god isn't exactly a common enough event for us to have statistics on it, you know.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Rift Chaser

Well I figured some folks might be keeping really close eyes on Rift's lore. It seems to have a fairly rich storyline, though when I started playing and reading all the quests, it got overly dull for me too quick, so i more or less stopped paying it too much mind.

Thus why i come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Maybe. Back during their first invasion, Regulos was 'killed'. Look at how well that took. But that was before the Ward was created. Maybe Greenscale and Akylios can't "retreat" to the Planes because of the Ward, and that's why their Essence was scattered across Telara? Who knows.

Killing a dragon-god isn't exactly a common enough event for us to have statistics on it, you know.
    The Ward was set up after the original Blood Storm war. If you play the guardian intro, you defeat Aedraxis/Regulos avatar during the Shade. Considering he's still around to cause trouble in spite of the Ward, I'm going to assume killing avatar != killing dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

I'm running under the assumption that the Ascended have sent Akylios and Greenscale reeling, making them 'bleed' all over the place (motes), but just managed to 'kick them out of the house'. We killed their physical, 'mortal', dragon forms, YES, and those forms are dead and scattered all over the world (like shards of Regulos, motes), but the true essence is sent back beyond the Ward to lick wounds and seek vengence. I'm not sure they would even be in a 'dragon' form anymore, by the way.

They'll leave us alone for now - with us just having to deal with their cultist's machinations - but I believe we could very well face them in expansion-territory in fully 'godhood', along with new villains, etc. Things will just get bigger and more epic. Akylios going from a big squid thing, to this: http://www.joshuagee.com/Home_Page/w...hupainting.jpg ;)

+ Reply to Thread