+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scarwood Reach?

Default Scarwood Reach?

Ok, let me preface this with I've been out for a while due to RL, but when did Scarwood Reach get overwhelmed by Life? Last time I came through it was a dead barren zone, now it's teaming with growth. Was there a lore change, or did I miss an event?
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Telaran

If you head south past the town controlled by the defiant you'll find that the there's just this MASSIVE life-touched forest.
    A thread for roleplaying newblets and veterans alike: A Beginners Guide to Roleplaying

I remember that, as it was pretty central to the story line. But the vast majority of the zone had a dead, stripped feel to it last time I spent a good chunk of time there. Now passing through the zone there are new trees everywhere and grass is covering most places. I just wasn't sure if this was a zone art revamp or if it's tied the current event or if it's an expansion of the storyline (which I'm hoping and why I started here).
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

It was a zone revamp. Was done a few patches back. Cant recall when though.
    Amary; Beta 5: Patch Notes 1/24/11
    "Increased the size of mushrooms so they can be seen through grass/groundclutter/badgers."

It was a revamp with patch 1.4. Though maybe it has to do with the Life/Aelfwar stuff involved with it, its also true that it is a graphical revamp based on people's low opinion of how the zone looks. It does fit with the Aelfwar presence in the zone while still keeping a 'SCARwood' feel, so I like it

Sword of Telara

Well, nature doesn't stand still...

That said, I have to assume most of it is a revamp, because prior to this the entire zone looked like complete ***.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, it was done because people hated the zone. It's supposed to be stripped pretty bare from Aedraxis logging it for his war machines, though that was 20 years ago and it's infested with life/Aelfwar so you'd assume there's been SOME regrowth.

Ascendant

IMHO the old zone gave a good feeling how the forces of death had ravaged the land and how the defiant lumberyard was destroying the land at their cost of progress.. But that has changed and it just doesn't feel the same..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    IMHO the old zone gave a good feeling how the forces of death had ravaged the land and how the defiant lumberyard was destroying the land at their cost of progress.. But that has changed and it just doesn't feel the same..
    Of course, now it gives a good feeling about how the Aelfwar are even in the zone at all. Scarwood is supposed to Life in the south versus Death in the north. To look at it before, the Aelfwar were basically just hanging out in what appeared to be a barren landscape - no signs of Life at all. I like this new look a lot better. Not only is it visually more appealing, but it makes more sense with all the Life Rifts that open up there.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread