+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Joseph

Default Joseph

The weird man surrounded by the 'dragons' in Sanctum. Who is he? Maybe he'll come to be important?

Today he has pithy quotes of wisdom and humor. Tomorrow he may have some legendary item that will aid you in your journey. You should obsessively check back with him.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

He's the last person you talk to in the Water Saga quest, he gives you some food for thought about the elements themselves and the Crocnard mount. He basically says that it's not the elements that are corrupt, although it seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SindriMyr21 View Post
    He's the last person you talk to in the Water Saga quest, he gives you some food for thought about the elements themselves and the Crocnard mount. He basically says that it's not the elements that are corrupt, although it seems that way.
    Interesting. I bet he's a god in disguise, lol.

And I think he is the final person you speak with in the epic life quest series. He gives you some kewl st00f, I heard.

Plane Walker

his words seem wise

His words seem more like a sort of easter egg. They make no sense from an in-role perspective. That's not something an npc would say. It's a cheap way to clarify the ingame lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    His words seem more like a sort of easter egg. They make no sense from an in-role perspective. That's not something an npc would say. It's a cheap way to clarify the ingame lore.
    So the rest of us can join this discussion, what are his words?
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Something along the lines of 'now for no particular reason have this shiny tooth that summons an epic croconard mount, this should make your friends envious and wish that THEY were the ones to purge abyssal madness, not you'.

Or 'water is not inherently evil, Akylios is evil! Why does he appear as a tentacle monster while being called a dragon? Well, probably tetnacles are the scariest thing which men have come up with when thinking of something that most likely does not exist but may be lurking in the abyss where there is nothing to eat for a giant octopus, you see. And tentacles can creep out of the water in fancy ways and snatch children and virgins!'.

Pffft. They could still make a reason for him. Give him a unique model and show that he's actually one of the Vigil. lol

What place in the Vigil would he occupy? Is he the sixth? What are his domains, what does he oversee? Wisdom is quite a broad term.

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    What place in the Vigil would he occupy? Is he the sixth? What are his domains, what does he oversee? Wisdom is quite a broad term.
    No idea. He just looks like a strange figure.

If he has anything to do with the Vigil, he'd be a Messenger in disguise. The Ward shuts out the Vigil as much as it shuts out the Bloodstorm.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    If he has anything to do with the Vigil, he'd be a Messenger in disguise. The Ward shuts out the Vigil as much as it shuts out the Bloodstorm.
    Ah yes, but perhaps that would only be that they couldn't enter in their immortal god forms, but would have to enter as a mortal?

Just lore theorizing.

In any case, I don't want Joseph to just be some weird guy. Like Poor Tom, I'd like him to have some relevance to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Why would a messenger need a disguise, they are as common to ascended as water. And from what part of the lore did you get that the ward shuts out the vigil? Or are you just making things up as usual?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast