Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xerokine

Thread: Lord's Hall

Telaran

Default Lord's Hall

Been interested in the story of the dwarved delve of Lord's Hall. As far as I can read, the dwarfs abandoned it around the same time as Hammerknell, though in a much more orderly fashion. Though I can't seem to find out why?

Anyone have any information as to why the dwarfs left Lord's Hall, and possibly also why Aelfwar and Endless Court are so interrested in it.

Plane Touched

Isn't Lord's Hall the one that shut its doors and hasn't been heard from since, so nobody knows what's happened to them? I think that and the fact that it's Borrin's original home is all we know so far.

It's possibly same as HK. Their death-based runebinding got out of control after the Shade, so they had to leave. Since this delve was smaller, the consequences were not so disasterous, so they had enough time for an orderly withdrawal.

Plane Touched

I believe the "Drowned Halls" are at Lords Hall. Not sure if that's relevant since it's an alternate timeline.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Didn't Borrin Gammult take all his soldiers and march to Mathosia to help fight the Shade, just like Shyla did with the elves. Then the dwarf soldiers all died, and many were raised as Ascended. Not sure, but I remember Borrin saying something along those lines in the starting area.

I'd assume that with all their soldiers gone, Lord's Hall closed down, or everybody left.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

I got the impression that the remaining dwarves in Lord's Hall turned the delve into a doomsday bunker during the Shade. They closed the place off to keep out the minions of Regulos and never opened them again. No one on the outside is certain why, but it could be untouched or it could have been corrupted like Hammerknell.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arnem View Post
    I got the impression that the remaining dwarves in Lord's Hall turned the delve into a doomsday bunker during the Shade. They closed the place off to keep out the minions of Regulos and never opened them again. No one on the outside is certain why, but it could be untouched or it could have been corrupted like Hammerknell.
    This is what I thought as well. Borrin himself doesn't know what happened, only that they won't open the doors to anyone and nobody inside has been heard from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    This is what I thought as well. Borrin himself doesn't know what happened, only that they won't open the doors to anyone and nobody inside has been heard from.
    First Hammerknell, now Lord's Hall. Look, dwarves, maybe in the future, you should build your underground cities with some windows. A back door. Something.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Prophet of Telara

HK actually does have a window, waaaaay up top. Or at least a hole in the roof.

Closed Thread