+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree3Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wait, what?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default Wait, what?

    Sylver Valis: Death is especially vulnerable to two elements: Air and Life. Life is the opposite of Death, and Air is insubstantial. It is hard for death to corrupt what it can't touch. Strange that Regulos chose to mate with Crucia.

    Stavel Rosso: Well now, Sylver, men do have the habit of falling for the wrong women for them, don't they?

    Sylver Valis: Touche, Stavel, touche! ...Well, if this weapon works as it should, he will once again be brought to heel by the deception of Air.
    I stumbled across this little gem while doing the cult saga quests for the Defiant side. So Regulos and Crucia mated? Did they have children? If so, what happened to their little eldritch horror god-babies? Did Regulos want them to be destroyed as well?

    And this also puts the "world event" for 1.2 in a new light. Did Maelforge and Laethys mate? Is that what all those eggshells were that were tainted by both the fire and earth planes? Given they're both trapped, maybe they had done so ages ago and the eggs only started to hatch now?

    Curious.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    I stumbled across this little gem while doing the cult saga quests for the Defiant side. So Regulos and Crucia mated? Did they have children? If so, what happened to their little eldritch horror god-babies? Did Regulos want them to be destroyed as well?

    And this also puts the "world event" for 1.2 in a new light. Did Maelforge and Laethys mate? Is that what all those eggshells were that were tainted by both the fire and earth planes? Given they're both trapped, maybe they had done so ages ago and the eggs only started to hatch now?

    Curious.
    I don't..... that's just... how about.... I can't even.... Regulos and crucia? Ewwwwww.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 07-24-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    It is there just to imply that the phylosophy as air as an element, when applied to military, is superior. Ask Sun Tzu, he agrees.
    Last edited by Halman; 07-24-2011 at 12:53 PM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Well, hell, which quest is this from? Now I'm kinda worried about getting draconic seedlings; we may have to worry about more than just the six dragon-gods soon, but also their dragon princes and princesses.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Well, hell, which quest is this from? Now I'm kinda worried about getting draconic seedlings; we may have to worry about more than just the six dragon-gods soon, but also their dragon princes and princesses.
    Ohhh yeah absolutely. While I believe that Regulos will have some good presence all the time, I think there's plenty of room for several more god-like enemies ;)

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Halman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I'm sure that even a dragon god would breed regular dragons. Look at the raid rifts for example, the fire one has us defeat a 'spawn of maelforge', which is a regular dragon, though reminiscent of Maelforge in form. Thus, it's safe to assume that a god would breed offspring of the same species as his form at the moment, i.e. dragons, humans or pine trees.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    I'm sure that even a dragon god would breed regular dragons. Look at the raid rifts for example, the fire one has us defeat a 'spawn of maelforge', which is a regular dragon, though reminiscent of Maelforge in form. Thus, it's safe to assume that a god would breed offspring of the same species as his form at the moment, i.e. dragons, humans or pine trees.
    Assuming he bred with Crucia on Telara. He could have bred a new Death/Wind god off in interplanar space.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Doesn't procreation go against everything Regulos believes in? Crucia obviously slipped him a mind control roofie.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Tachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Doesn't procreation go against everything Regulos believes in? Crucia obviously slipped him a mind control roofie.
    He was just in it for the sex.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    He was just in it for the sex.
    But even the idea of sex, the physical togetherness, goes against the idea of extinction, solitude, and isolation.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Well, hell, which quest is this from? Now I'm kinda worried about getting draconic seedlings; we may have to worry about more than just the six dragon-gods soon, but also their dragon princes and princesses.
    It's in the Saga of the Endless chain, during the lvl 50 quests. You get another one of those 5-part quests from Asha that has you helping a bunch of different people, and one of 'em is reconstructing a certain machine for Sylver. When you finally turn that part in to him in he has that little chat with Stavel.

    And yes, you'd think that Regulos's desire to bring oblivion to all things would go completely against sex, whether it's for procreation or just for pleasure. It's just led me to think that we may know far less about Regulos (and the Blood Storm in general) than we think we do. My only real concern is that Trion will go with the "but he was saving you all from the REAL evil - look, it approaches now that you've killed these guys!" approach when we finally do off Regulos. And as easy a transition as that would be, it's way overused to provide a "twist" and I'd really rather see something else. Children appearing to provide revenge is better IMO.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    More likely it was a means to an end. I mean, the mere existence of the Endless in the first place goes against the whole extinction/oblivion thing, but it's about the long term. If boning Crucia helps destroy everything in the end, then that's what it takes.

    Not to mention that being on Crucia's good side is always good for someone plotting universal destruction. She has the ability to muster up her own army of mindless zombies, after all.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    It's in the Saga of the Endless chain, during the lvl 50 quests. You get another one of those 5-part quests from Asha that has you helping a bunch of different people, and one of 'em is reconstructing a certain machine for Sylver. When you finally turn that part in to him in he has that little chat with Stavel.

    And yes, you'd think that Regulos's desire to bring oblivion to all things would go completely against sex, whether it's for procreation or just for pleasure. It's just led me to think that we may know far less about Regulos (and the Blood Storm in general) than we think we do. My only real concern is that Trion will go with the "but he was saving you all from the REAL evil - look, it approaches now that you've killed these guys!" approach when we finally do off Regulos. And as easy a transition as that would be, it's way overused to provide a "twist" and I'd really rather see something else. Children appearing to provide revenge is better IMO.
    Oh gawd, here come the Tyranids!!!!
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  14. #14
    RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    Theres a few more that I have spoken to that believes that we may have one heck of an infestation of baby dragons coming, due to all of those eggs in 1.2.
    There was also some theory that the two dragons may have been imprisoned together, but I am not sure about that one.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Well, hell, which quest is this from? Now I'm kinda worried about getting draconic seedlings; we may have to worry about more than just the six dragon-gods soon, but also their dragon princes and princesses.
    Too late - Maelforge already has at least two offspring in the world - Skarn (from Darkening Deeps) and Skraal (from the Fire Raid Rift); and speeches in Darkening Deeps imply he has more.

    Based on that, it wouldn't surprise me if the others had offspring waiting in the wings....
    Last edited by TraciFaahkahrn; 07-25-2011 at 12:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts