+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sky Sigil in FC and Freemarch?

Default Sky Sigil in FC and Freemarch?

Colour me confused, but what is it? If you're wondering what I mean, it's the sigil you see in the sky when you enter the Foul Cascade dungeon (seen here and here). And now I'm standing in Freemarch, and the same symbol is visible through the clouds.

Is this something with the world event? What does the symbol mean? I'm so confused....
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Colour me confused, but what is it? If you're wondering what I mean, it's the sigil you see in the sky when you enter the Foul Cascade dungeon (seen here and here). And now I'm standing in Freemarch, and the same symbol is visible through the clouds.

Is this something with the world event? What does the symbol mean? I'm so confused....
    I THINK its the symbol for the Plane of Death.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I saw this in Gloamwood through the trees the other night. I don't remember seeing it before so perhaps it is related to the current event.

edit: Wait is that Thontic's sigil?

http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/screen-shots.php#1
    Last edited by Tachi; 07-22-2011 at 02:51 PM.

It's always been visible in FC but I've never seen it in the world until this world event. I've been seeing it in Moonshade but I would be surprised if it isn't visible everywhere at some point. It seems to rise into the sky like a moon. Not sure what it exactly means though....

Mm, so does this mean the World Event is bringing Telara 'closer' to the Plane of Death, to the degree that we're sharing the same sky? Or does the sigil have a different meaning; perhaps a visible crack in the Ward itself?
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

Plane Touched

You see the same sigil (or one very similar) in Gilded Prophecy as well, as well as when you use Quantum/Omen Sight. I think it definitely has something to do with either the planes or alternate realities - maybe both, depending on the intricacies of the sigil. But we have no real information yet as to what it means.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    You see the same sigil (or one very similar) in Gilded Prophecy as well, as well as when you use Quantum/Omen Sight. I think it definitely has something to do with either the planes or alternate realities - maybe both, depending on the intricacies of the sigil. But we have no real information yet as to what it means.
    Yep cause there is a sigil in the sky on the "bubble" in Drowned Halls. If you look at my video on youtube you can see it. Different than the one in the sky/FC. But I think thats cause the one in the sky is the plane of death. I'd love to get an answer from the lore peeps what the sigil is all about.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Everyone that I know of sees it as a sign of the damage that was done to the ward. To me it does kind of look like as if someone threw rocks on a window and it just cracked but not completely burst.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

JDX
    Telaran

It's the Ward. Y'know, that giant force field between us and the planes? The one that keeps breaking?

It does make sense that that design is showing how the ward is weakened. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Yep cause there is a sigil in the sky on the "bubble" in Drowned Halls. If you look at my video on youtube you can see it. Different than the one in the sky/FC. But I think thats cause the one in the sky is the plane of death. I'd love to get an answer from the lore peeps what the sigil is all about.
    Which one is your video, out of curiousity? I'd love to compare the two sigils.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Which one is your video, out of curiousity? I'd love to compare the two sigils.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9VYvYOv-YE

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Everyone that I know of sees it as a sign of the damage that was done to the ward. To me it does kind of look like as if someone threw rocks on a window and it just cracked but not completely burst.
    Looking at it just now, in Shimmersand, I'm definitely feeling this explanation. It does look similar to the webbed cracks you get from a rock tossed into your windshield. I wonder if it's normal to be able to see the Ward like this; I mean, obviously you would never have noticed before, since it would have been whole, but I was under the impression that it was an ethereal thing; not something you could crash into if you shot up a sourcestone-powered rocket ship trying to reach the moon.

It's something like a focal point of the ward. Maybe showing this arcane symbol is to make us think that the Ward can be replicated by copying it (and infusing with enough power).

Prophet of Telara

I'm reasonably certain that sigil is the sigil of The Vigil. It appears all over. And I always just assumed the sky one was the Ward, it makes perfect sense in my brain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast