+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faceless Man's voice...

Default Faceless Man's voice...

who is it? It's on the tip of my tongue! I just can't place the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaios View Post
    who is it? It's on the tip of my tongue! I just can't place the person.
    There's a bit of a clue at the Ph3 scene in front of the gates.

"Dwarf"

Why it's Garrosh Hellscream, who else.

Silly me asking the wrong question expecting a different answer

I should have asked, who is the voice actor? It's either someone I've seen on TV or someone else who sounds very much like that person :P

Just no. Nono nonono. To the suggestion, yes I know exactly who you mean, Anuhart. One of half a dozen all-the-same-sounding characters voice acted monotonically by Metzen.

But I think the latest semi cut scene with Faceless Man getting threatened by Borrin is a winner. Made me wanna play defiant (ok, I do have defiant toons, but it made me really feel like getting into them). Some days, some days are just Faceless Man days ;) he captures the right amount of weariness and cynicism.

Artaios, praps you are thinking of a little bit of Vincent Price? Which would be high praise indeed. (That is not my avatar btw)

Faceless man is pitched much deeper tho'. Were you thinking modern day or vintage tellie?
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. – Krugon.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    Just no. Nono nonono. To the suggestion, yes I know exactly who you mean, Anuhart. One of half a dozen all-the-same-sounding characters voice acted monotonically by Metzen.

But I think the latest semi cut scene with Faceless Man getting threatened by Borrin is a winner. Made me wanna play defiant (ok, I do have defiant toons, but it made me really feel like getting into them). Some days, some days are just Faceless Man days ;) he captures the right amount of weariness and cynicism.

Artaios, praps you are thinking of a little bit of Vincent Price? Which would be high praise indeed. (That is not my avatar btw)

Faceless man is pitched much deeper tho'. Were you thinking modern day or vintage tellie?
    Vincent Price, what a fine speaker

I think I've nailed it... René Murat Auberjonois. Probably best known for Odo on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Though I do find it hard to believe he would do voice over for Rift. But then again, you never know.

The voice over actor's tone and raspy voice are somewhat exaggerated compared to this scene from DS9 but I think you'll catch the similarity straight away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LiygqsDMfo

+ Reply to Thread