+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion...you actually dropped this hammer?

Champion

Default Trion...you actually dropped this hammer?

If you haven't yet you'll get a quest with phase three to go to Hammerknell again.

HOLY ****!

Even Sylver and Oriphel probably jaw dropped at the sight of those things!

What the hell is Tam going to do about it?! What are the GUARDIANS going to do!? For that matter. How will the Vigil react?!!

I mean jeeeeze. Is this the first step to allowing wider racial choices at start?!

Trion whoever is writing your story is a mad ****in genius but for the love of god some events that actually give warning like a couple of npc's chatting in various places would of been nice.

Plane Touched

Yeah, I was a little surprised at this as well. It's hard to see the Guardians accept or justify the use of the Runeguards' cannons so readily. I'd really be disappointed if they just ignored this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    Even Sylver and Oriphel probably jaw dropped at the sight of those things!
    Hehehe. Oh, you were serious. Really?

I mean, look at the things the dwarves are using. They're like squirt-guns. If you wanna see a real Magitek Cannon, check out what the Defiants have set up within line of sight of Sanctum.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Our cannons are bigger than your canons dude. <smile>

Rift Master

Never tell a Dwarf they can't build a railgun. They'll build two rune powered ones, get them blessed by the Vigil, and blow up the whole damn zone with them. Just to prove a point.
    Last edited by Shadowclaimer; 07-11-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    If you wanna see a real Magitek Cannon, check out what the Defiants have set up within line of sight of Sanctum.
    I really wish you got the opportunity to fire that one more than once during that quest....

Maybe the dwarvish ones will fail to have any impact on Hammerknell (they _are_ rather small...) and the defiants will have to bring in the "big" guns hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    Yeah, I was a little surprised at this as well. It's hard to see the Guardians accept or justify the use of the Runeguards' cannons so readily. I'd really be disappointed if they just ignored this.
    Easy. The Runeguard cannons aren't powered by breaching the ward or siphoning a human soul.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Easy. The Runeguard cannons aren't powered by breaching the ward or siphoning a human soul.
    Yea there is that little bit.

Instead they're powered by the trapped souls of Dwarven ancestors. You know, because Runic Magic isn't why we have Hammerknell sealed in the firstplace..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
    Yea there is that little bit.

Instead they're powered by the trapped souls of Dwarven ancestors. You know, because Runic Magic isn't why we have Hammerknell sealed in the firstplace..
    I think you're confused. Hammerknell was sealed because Akylios is in there.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 07-11-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Master

I think you're confused. Hammerknell was sealed because Akylios is in there.
    I thought there was some tragedy where Regulos unleashed the souls of all the runic creations the Dwarves had created and they ended up devouring everyone?

Meanwhile, in the Moonshade Highlands, Rune King Molinar of Hammerknell ushered in a golden age of magic and runecraft. The delve produced miracles to rival the brilliant Eth, and was spared the horrors of the Shade, only to suffer the consequences of an ancient lie. For Hammerknell owed its miracles not to craftsmanship, but to binding the spirits of the dead to fuel the machines. Freed by proximity to planar energies, these spirits rose up in vengeance. The doors of Hammerknell were also sealed, not to protect the city from the world, but the world from the horrors of the city.
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Dwarf

I guess my mixup is associating runecrafting with spirit binding, both are apparently different.
    Last edited by Shadowclaimer; 07-11-2011 at 05:30 AM.

I thought there was some tragedy where Regulos unleashed the souls of all the runic creations the Dwarves had created and they ended up devouring everyone?

I guess my mixup is associating runecrafting with spirit binding, both are apparently different.
    I think your mixup is confusing fan fiction with official lore.

Rift Master

I think your mixup is confusing fan fiction with official lore.
    And your mixup is calling official dwarven lore fan fiction and assuming I'm an idiot ;)

http://www.riftgame.com/en/races/dwarves.php

Indeed, we hear a lot of the embarrassment which could come from secrets getting out to Telara of what they were up to. They aren't embarrassed about having a rather large and mad unlicensed pet in there but more that they have been a bit to loose with the Ouija board.

And your mixup is calling official dwarven lore fan fiction and assuming I'm an idiot ;)

http://www.riftgame.com/en/races/dwarves.php
    My mistake. However nothing really suggests the two giant cannons outside hammerknell are akin to the old soul binding magics.

Apparently Hammerknell will be a water and death based raid, so Akylios is obvious, we already know about him, and I guess the released undead souls mentioned in that exerpt.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Indeed, we hear a lot of the embarrassment which could come from secrets getting out to Telara of what they were up to. They aren't embarrassed about having a rather large and mad unlicensed pet in there but more that they have been a bit to loose with the Ouija board.
    I'm wondering how the Vigil will react upon learning that dwarvenkind's greatest crafters were no better than the Defiant?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast