+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Maelforge location...

Default Maelforge location...

Ok, so maybe I'm a little unobservant, but I finally paid close attention to that darling Stormtouched gal in CC. From her text, it suddenly occurred to me that she was talking to Maelforge. Is it just me, or is he in the volcano?

And I have the weird feeling this has been commen knowledge for a very long time...
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

It would make sense but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the NPC in question to confirm.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Plane Touched

I thought it was Laethys she was talking to.

For those of us who are still leveling and don't know, what does she saaaay?
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    For those of us who are still leveling and don't know, what does she saaaay?
    The exact text eludes me. Something to the effect of, "When your sister is free, she will come here and laugh at you.."

Plane Touched

Well, the dialogue is very different in regular and normal CC, and it's her speech towards the end of expert CC that we're talking about.

I can't quote it verbatim, but she mentions that she went to the Charmer's Caldera to look for the Charmer's Coil, and then never expecting to find whoever it is she's talking to. She mentions that "your sister" (referring to Crucia) will be visiting them soon enough to ensure they stay imprisoned. This means it's definitely the prison spot of one of the dragons, and the only ones it can be are Maelforge and Laethys, mostly because those are the only ones whose locations haven't been confirmed.

I'll try and get more specific lines next time I go through it, but the rest of it is just explaining what she's doing there - she wants to get the Charmer's Coil so she can imprison minds, being stormtouched and all.

Prophet of Telara

Reasonably certain somewhere it was explicitly said that Laethys and Crucia are sisters, not Maelforge. But I have no clue where that idea came from now so don't quote me on it. I think it was understood that Laethys is in CC, Maelforge is likely somewhere in Droughtlands.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Reasonably certain somewhere it was explicitly said that Laethys and Crucia are sisters, not Maelforge. But I have no clue where that idea came from now so don't quote me on it. I think it was understood that Laethys is in CC, Maelforge is likely somewhere in Droughtlands.
    Perhaps this has something to do with the strange golden magma that flows within the volcano and pulses with intense magical energy. Arcane scholars know that Crucia and her sister Laethys are bitter rivals, so why would the discovery of so much magical gold please a high-ranking subject of the Storm Queen?
    http://www.riftzone.nl/wiki/lore-cha...80%99s-caldera
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...wArticle/20395

Ah that would make more sense.

Maelforge could still be in Droughtlands, and Lae in Shimmer in the volcano.

Thanks.

Ascendant

So we're talking about possibly having a fire raid instance...Inside of another high end instance.

Dejavu
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    So we're talking about possibly having a fire raid instance...Inside of another high end instance.

Dejavu
    I very much doubt the entrance to Laethys's prison would require completing xCC first.

And if current trends for raids hold, it'll be earth & death. Greenscale is life and a bit of death, Hammerknell is death and water. I suspect Regulos's attempt at corrupting LGS isn't his only plan with the rest of the Blood Storm.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    I very much doubt the entrance to Laethys's prison would require completing xCC first.

And if current trends for raids hold, it'll be earth & death. Greenscale is life and a bit of death, Hammerknell is death and water. I suspect Regulos's attempt at corrupting LGS isn't his only plan with the rest of the Blood Storm.
    My money is on Earth and Air.

Planar opposites, and Crucia is the only one who knows where Laethys is. Plus, it'd be a somewhat welcome refrain from zombies everywhere, and help prove Crucia is as intimidating as she sounds.

Granted, the people that you killed ALSO knew where Laethys was, and we all know how killing bosses turns out in Telara...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post

Granted, the people that you killed ALSO knew where Laethys was, and we all know how killing bosses turns out in Telara...
    Y'know, I still feel bad about Atrophinius. All he wanted was to have a beer.
    Last edited by Lumenadducere; 07-07-2011 at 01:36 PM.

well, regarding sisters, Laethys and Crucia said they were on twitter, and in the lore.
    And I think it's Laethys, cuse' we don't know if Maelforge is indeed brother of crucia and leathys
    Next raid, I want to be Earth and Air. Because I never see them that often

This has less to do with his corruption rather then with the way the dragons are imprisoned. To render them powerless they are imprisoned in their opposite element.
    Thus, greenscale is (was) imprisoned in an empty cave in a cage of death energy. The verdant labirynth is a result of Aelfwar assault squad breaking through, the death energy was there all the time.

Crucia is imprisoned on the bottom of the lake in IPP, under some 100-150m of solid ice, in an environment without air. Thus, it makes no sense to imprison Laethys in a volcano, since magma is molten stone and she has power over it. It's impossible to imprison an earth aspect god in earth. Actually, air seems like a fitting prison (considering the physical form of Laethis has no wings)...maybe we will get a raid taking place in the air, maybe on some sort of flying platforms/islands..

Maelforge is likely imprisoned somewhere underwater, in the ocean. There is nothing in draughtlands that would imply the red lizard is there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast