+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What does a Shard Stone actually do?

Rift Chaser

Default What does a Shard Stone actually do?

Lore question:

What does a shard stone actually do, and why don't cities themselves have them?

Non lore part of post:

It'd be nice if they did, and destroying it meant the opposing city could no longer use any crafting terminals, queue for their afk instanced content, or use their auction house.

Make this only a feature on pvp servers if you want.

What's a shard stone?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    Lore question:

What does a shard stone actually do, and why don't cities themselves have them?
    I'm going to assume you mean 'Wardstone'. A Wardstone, whether blessed by the Vigil or manufactured by the Defiants, is akin to a support pillar in a building. Each Wardstone reinforces the Ward, both in the immediate area and as a whole. The more Wardstones on Telara, the stronger the Ward itself. As each Wardstone is destroyed, the Ward as a whole becomes weaker.

As for the second part of your question, I do not understand. The cities do have Wardstones. If you are Defiant, for example, there is a Wardstone directly outside of Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    Non lore part of post:

It'd be nice if they did, and destroying it meant the opposing city could no longer use any crafting terminals, queue for their afk instanced content, or use their auction house.

Make this only a feature on pvp servers if you want.
    This will not happen. What do you think the result of it would be, if one shard has a vast imbalance of forces? A new player would log on as the weaker faction, and be unable to auction, unable to queue for a dungeon, unable to level professions... what would the point be?
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread