+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question form a noob !

Default Question form a noob !

It occurs to me that there is truly very little lore in this game ! Compared to other game's . But what I have found and read here is truly awesome .

My two question's are this .

Is there a Character such as Broxigar form WoW . A little side note I know only part of his story but he was a horde member who left the horde and helped both sides against the demon's in the burning crusade .

Reason I am asking this is because I truly love this type of hero just does not care about which side is right or wrong as long as the greater good for everyone is achieved .

Second Question . And NO I AM NOT TROLLING !!! and I am sorry if it has been asked before .
    BUT if the bad guys are dragons ! aka regulos and so forth ! Why do they not even begin to look like a dragon instead look like a spider/crab/octopus thingies and so forth ?

Sorry I am a bit of a noob but wish to learn more because myth in the games i play is important to me aka i have almost every book ever wrote on the tales of warcraft !

AND one last question! where can i get a copy of the comic book others have referred to for the game .
    AND LAST question will there ever be actual stories / books wrote on the myths/legends of RIFT like they did for wow ????
    OK OK sorry I am a idiot but one last question ! Why was there no strategy guide wrote for Rift ??? It would possibly make the lore and stories more accessible to noobs like myself .

Sorry for all the questions But I just want to understand more of this world .

Please Please Please do not flame me for being slow on the uptake of the lore / myths of this game !

There really is a ton of lore in Rift.

Races
    Factions
    Each class has lore attached to it.
    History
    Notable Figures

And there's more. I don't think anyone will flame you for not knowing much of the lore yet. Just read through the main site and this forum and you'll pick up a lot. You can also ask specific questions as you have and someone will be happy to answer you.

Plane Touched

Akylios so far is the only one that looks a little different, and I'd say his body (which is below the water in the fight) is most likely much more dragon-shaped. Look up pictures of all the others and you'll see a dragon. You see Maelforge and Crucia in the cinematics around the intro, and you see Regulos in dragon form in the Guardian intro. The humanoid thing is his avatar in the form of Aedraxis, the tyrant necromancer king. There's also a raid in which you fight Greenscale, who is also very much a dragon.

As for characters who help both sides, there are several neutral factions that could be considered to do such. No major single characters yet, however. Rift is still very young, and its lore is still being developed, so I'm sure we'll get more notable single characters soon. Heck, Scotty could be such a one in the upcoming raid.

You have to remember that 'World of Warcraft' lore is built up from the original Warcraft, which was out in 1994, then Warcraft II, Warcraft III, the expansions, the novels from the RTS games, and then the original WoW followed by three expansions. So we're talking over 17 years of lore.

Rift has existed for less than 6 months. Obviously it will have less depth to begin with, simply because you don't have previous games or novels that would have fleshed out more characters and stories.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Saiphoned View Post
    BUT if the bad guys are dragons ! aka regulos and so forth ! Why do they not even begin to look like a dragon instead look like a spider/crab/octopus thingies and so forth ?
    Because Rift's "dragons" are less "giant flying fire-breathing dinosaurs" and more "Lovecraftian horrors from outside reality."

Also, of the ones we get to see at some point - Regulos, Greenscale, Maelforge, and Akylios - the first three look a bit more "traditional." It's Akylios that's the really weird-looking one, and that's because Akylios is really weird, even in the context of "cosmic horror made flesh."

The best way to describe Akylios is like the difference between an "ordinary" fish - the type of fish we typically see - and something from the abyssal depths of the ocean, where light never goes. They're all fish, but when you see the deep-sea ones, you're like, "what the hell is that?" The rest of the dragons are "shallow water" dragons. Akylios is a "deep sea" dragon.
    Last edited by Zeikfried; 06-25-2011 at 06:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread