+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How unique are the ascended?

Default How unique are the ascended?

By this I mean how common are the ascended among NPCs? Are most of the soldiers encountered in game Ascended or are the only ascended PCs and the rare NPC like Shyla, Cyril and Asha? I know it's a tiny detail, but it bothers me not knowing...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDashiva View Post
    By this I mean how common are the ascended among NPCs? Are most of the soldiers encountered in game Ascended or are the only ascended PCs and the rare NPC like Shyla, Cyril and Asha? I know it's a tiny detail, but it bothers me not knowing...
    Good question!

I would assume, based on various things NPCs have said, that Ascended are pretty rare aside from player characters. However, as I lack direct quotes to give you, this is just a guess. I'm sure someone else will be along in a minute to give us some more sturdy facts. :P

Plane Touched

Most NPCs you see aren't Ascended - the big named ones like Shyla, Kain, Faye, and others are, but the random mooks like the guards and whatnot aren't.

Defiant-side, the only NPC that could be considered Ascended is Asha, but her powers and circumstances are very different than normal Ascension.

Rich Aemry

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenadducere View Post
    Defiant-side, the only NPC that could be considered Ascended is Asha, but her powers and circumstances are very different than normal Ascension.
    Those circumstances are different enough that I'd call her unique.

OP it's pretty much just players. There are a notable few who are ascended, and I can't think of many. The poster above me listed all the ones on the top of my head too.

Kira Thanos is an Ascended. Other than her though, I can't think of any other Defiant NPCs who are.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Prophet of Telara

Kira is ascended, her comments tell you so.

Plane Touched

Whoops, that's right - I completely forgot about Kira. Kira is indeed Ascended.

And yes, I'd consider Asha to be unique as well, but there was a thread a while ago debating whether or not she was Ascended and I didn't want to open up that can of worms again.

That sounds reasonable enough. So really unless they specifically say they're ascended (like Kira and Asha in their flavor text) it's safe to assume they're just human.

And yes, I'd consider Asha to be unique as well, but there was a thread a while ago debating whether or not she was Ascended and I didn't want to open up that can of worms again.
    It's not really a debate, it just depends on your definition of 'Ascended'. Asha doesn't have multiple souls, which is what gives most Ascended their power, but she does have special abilities originally granted by Regulos, which makes her super-powered anyway.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Telaran

Most NPCs will say something like "Wow, an Ascended!" when you click on them. So obviously they're relatively rare.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDashiva View Post
    It's kind of funny. At first, all the NPC's you talk to are like "OMFG, an ascended!!! XD XD XD XD" but as time goes on they slowly devolve into "Whatsup. Wanna grind some mobs for the lulz?"

So i'm thinking thier pretty common. But who knows.
    I Review games, and write about other stuff! Here's some recent examples:

Rift Disciple

I think of them like I thought of Daeva in Aion. They're like Jedi. Not SUPER OMG OMEGA WORLD-ENDINGLY RARE. But, they are very uncommon and seeing one (for a non-ascended) is notable.

+ Reply to Thread