+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions

Soulwalker

Default Some questions

Hello, if there's one thing that's been enjoyable about this game, it's that I actually have enjoyed the thought of making bios/a possible background for my characters. But before I do write anything of the sorts, I do need some research and I have a couple questions.

Would it be farfetched for a high elf and kelari to meet, and on "neutral" terms (where would these two races possibly meet then)? I know these two are part of separate factions, but is there anything that they can agree upon and have a truce? (minus dealing with Regulos and all)

Continuing on with the above question, what about children of the different races? Are they taught young about who their friends and enemies are? Or is there a certain age they maybe would be taught -- maybe to go along with learning how to fight? Would this have a different impact on a high elf and kelari meeting?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beru View Post
    Continuing on with the above question, what about children of the different races? Are they taught young about who their friends and enemies are? Or is there a certain age they maybe would be taught -- maybe to go along with learning how to fight? Would this have a different impact on a high elf and kelari meeting?

Thanks
    While I am by no means an expert, racial prejudice would be something ingrained into their respective societies I wager. And thus, offspring of either race would grow up mistrusting/hating the other from the start.
    Last edited by Remissus; 06-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.

The only neutral territory in the game is in other faction strongholds.

High Elf and Kelari are unlikely to respect each other all that much. The Kelari look down on other races due to their long isolation and they left the High Elves in the firt place because they didn't agree with their philosophies. The High Elves probably have nothing but contempt for who they see as oath-breakers.
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragonís flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

"The only neutral territory in the game is in other faction strongholds." - Is this right in game? In lore I really doubt we can stroll into each others capitals.

There is no reason to assume that the races would be cross fertile and the fact you never see or hear of anyone who is points to it being impossible. The Eth and Mathosians are human, so it is a possibilty there, but no evidence in game. If this did happen I see the individual being indoctrinated into the culture that brings him up and he would have to work twice as hard to convince his people he was worthy of their trust.

I think he meant 'other faction' as in, 'other than Defiant or Guardian'. Lantern Hook, for example, is not a Defiant nor a Guardian stronghold, and so welcomes both.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread