+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Boar Spear - Just read.

Default The Boar Spear - Just read.

So I just read the Boar Spear this morning over coffee.
    I know I'm late to the bandwagon, but I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed the read.

I also liked that Moe seems to have come back with him. I've recently made a beastmaster/marksman and she suspects that her current boar is the same one she knew before she was raised, but the Gods raising pigs? That's silly right? So she's not said anything. ;)

I look forward to more stories.

I'd particularly like to see some depth into the fanatical Inquisitor type Guardians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signatures are a place for me to make you read the things I think are witty or clever. Such as:
    Stats explained: Int is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wis is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGirl View Post
    I've recently made a beastmaster/marksman
    How you do that?

I want's a pyro/justicar

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I want a beastmaster/ranger/druid. Triple pet fury.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    How you do that?

I want's a pyro/justicar

Sorry! Newish.

Ranger/marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signatures are a place for me to make you read the things I think are witty or clever. Such as:
    Stats explained: Int is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wis is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I want a triple chloro :P
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragon’s flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Ghost Writer in the Sky Foxcalibur's Avatar

So glad you enjoyed it! The Boar Spear was great fun to write. Hugo is the Guardian in the opening cinematic, by the by.

The first chapter of the new fiction is posted here for your reading pleasure:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/world/fic...-in-snow-1.php

And the next chapter of that new piece is coming pretty-darn-soon.

To the OP: i like the Ascended Pig idea. Creating back stories is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamos View Post

To the OP: i like the Ascended Pig idea. Creating back stories is fun.
    Yeah, Sanctum is full of them.

I just finished reading the Boar Spear after stumbling onto this thread. EXCELLENT STORY. I had a blast reading it and was totally enamored by both the character/events and the prose itself. I want to quote some of my favorite lines, but that's sort of like putting the punchline of a joke in the title of the post... you'll have to read it yourself.

Foxcalibur, I'm a fan. Not just of the story but your writing style. Any chance you can share anything else you've written, Rift-based or otherwise? Not sure if that's allowed, but I've got to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    So glad you enjoyed it! The Boar Spear was great fun to write. Hugo is the Guardian in the opening cinematic, by the by.
    I knew it! I had a bet going with my son about this. Kudos to the folks who put together the cinematic that they were able to make him recognizable by his actions and look.

He's a great character and has really informed a lot of how I look at Rift.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Ghost Writer in the Sky Foxcalibur's Avatar

While waiting for Deathly Hallows part 2 to begin, I saw the RIFT movie spot. Hugo, on the big screen. Not played by Bradley Cooper, but whatchagonnado?

I'd be happy to talk about writing (mine or otherwise) with anyone who wants to send me a personal message.

-Foxy

Is there any way to find that Rift "trailer" and watch it? Not shown where I live. Bummed.

L to R: Jadeth, Ivo, Emaranthe, Jaeger
    Rift Fan Fiction!Ch. 11 of Book 3 is here! New web address: www.writezalot.com
    "The most articulated value in Greek culture is Areté. Translated as "virtue," the word actually means something closer to "being the best you can be,"

Shadowlander

Well, that wasn't quite the 'Rift' I was expecting. Good thing I watched that this morning rather than last night, jeeze.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

I'm pretty sure this is the trailer. Hugo appears first.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=BpXoNaiPfT8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast