+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gloamwood- Date of settling and other events?

Default Gloamwood- Date of settling and other events?

I couldn't find this info on the wiki, and a cursory glance at other places didn't reveal it either(Admittedly, I did not scour the web for it). While writing the backstory for my character, who is a supposed native of Gloamwood, I came across a few issues that I wondered if the community might help me with?

First off: Around when was the region settled date-wise? And IS there even an official system of dates for the timeline?

Second: Around when in relation to that did it become accursed and possessed?

Third: Is it conceivable(Read: Will people yell at me) for saying there used to be other small/insignificant villages and settlements there in the distant past in my backstory? My original idea had him hailing from a long-forgotten and no longer existant village deep in the woods.

I would appreciate any and all input, especially on that last one. ^^;

These are the only set dates we have, anything else is pure speculation beyond, "Some time in this period."

For matters of RP you can certainly make a village in Gloamwood that no longer exists (especially if there are any abandoned settlements) the game-world is representative, not literal. I can't promise no one will yell at you though.
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragonís flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

+ Reply to Thread