+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alsbeth carrying around a grudge still?

Default Alsbeth carrying around a grudge still?

So, it occurred to me just recently that perhaps even in death, Albseth is carrying around a slight grudge against Asha. The reason being that Alsbeth was Regulos' second choice. I just realized it (I've known it, but I never really connected the dots), but Asha was Regulos' first choice to lead his armies, after she refused and was resurrected he turned to Alsbeth. If I remember correctly, Alsbeth was the one who was instrumental in getting Asha expelled from Quicksilver College, presumably seeking to get rid of competition or just plain jealousy.
    That might still sting Alsbeth a bit, even in death, knowing she was the second-best pick.
    I think that would be hilarious, and a great character detail.
    Last edited by Sebiale; 06-14-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragonís flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

Alsbeth resents everything alive. So yes, she has a pretty big chip on her shoulder... not just for Asha.

Never thought about it until now, but it makes sense.

That or something srs bsnss went down at Quicksilver College. Maybe Alsbeth had the hots for Zareph? Asha steal her lunch money?
    Mage Class Lead of <Arisen> - Wolfsbane
    Imriel 50 Mage | Aurelenath 50 Cleric
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Alsbeth resents everything alive. So yes, she has a pretty big chip on her shoulder... not just for Asha.
    If I had her matty hair, I'd be pretty resentful too.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ysandre View Post
    Never thought about it until now, but it makes sense.

That or something srs bsnss went down at Quicksilver College. Maybe Alsbeth had the hots for Zareph? Asha steal her lunch money?
    Actually, I think Elsbeth had the hots for the other brother as I recall.

As to the main point, yea I thought it would be fun to taunt Elsbeth with the fact that she is always going to be second best..

GP 4/4 DH 4/4 GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 HK 2/11

Soulwalker

The comic book series also made it pretty clear that Alsbeth resented Asha, suggesting that Asha's planar markings that grant her special power were intended for Regulos' avatar on Telara. In their face off in Port Scion before they were forced to flee so that Prince Zareph could seal the massive Rift, she stated that she wanted to kill Asha to take what was rightfully hers as Regulos' new avatar.

Soulwalker

And going more off the comic book foundation, I wouldn't think that there was too much conflict with Asha's dismissal from Quicksilver College. When Asha was first presented to Zareph's Court, Alsbeth was perhaps the most welcoming of the machine born and went as far as to say that Asha's return must have been somewhat influenced by the Vigil. It's not clear whether these statements were made before or after her corruption, but her demeanor would lead me to believe that this was pre-corruption. Either way, it didn't seem like there were any ill feelings between the two.

* Sorry for the back-to-back responses.... but my time ran out for editting the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayville View Post
    And going more off the comic book foundation, I wouldn't think that there was too much conflict with Asha's dismissal from Quicksilver College. When Asha was first presented to Zareph's Court, Alsbeth was perhaps the most welcoming of the machine born and went as far as to say that Asha's return must have been somewhat influenced by the Vigil. It's not clear whether these statements were made before or after her corruption, but her demeanor would lead me to believe that this was pre-corruption. Either way, it didn't seem like there were any ill feelings between the two.

* Sorry for the back-to-back responses.... but my time ran out for editting the original post.
    I think Alsbeth is a manipulative she-bat and could have been corrupted the entire time and putting on airs. She was actually all smiles and puppies and sunshine right up until the other guardians discovered she had betrayed them at port scion, and that she knew exactly that the machines would open death Rifts even though she re-assured everyone they would be safe to use, and lied about their function.

I honestly don't think there ever was a "pre-corruption" period with Alsbeth.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I think Alsbeth is a manipulative she-bat and could have been corrupted the entire time and putting on airs. She was actually all smiles and puppies and sunshine right up until the other guardians discovered she had betrayed them at port scion, and that she knew exactly that the machines would open death Rifts even though she re-assured everyone they would be safe to use, and lied about their function.

I honestly don't think there ever was a "pre-corruption" period with Alsbeth.
    I'm inclined to agree that, while there may have been a time in her youth where Alsbeth wasn't corrupted, she was definitely corrupted far before the events of Port Scion, even during the Guardian tutorial.

If you read Aedraxis's journal entries (don't remember where they are, somewhere on the website I think) then he mentions going to go chat with Alsbeth, his trusted advisor...all while the Mathosian Civil War is going on. So Alsbeth, while pretending to be with Zareph and the others, was still advising and working with Aedraxis/Regulos.

Good job OP. Now you've got an idea of Asha and Alsbeth having a rap battle to settle it once and for all with the way you worded your point.

Asha won. She dropped down a better rap, then dropped the microphone, saying "Burned." to Alsbeth.

And yes, Scotty was the announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    Good job OP. Now you've got an idea of Asha and Alsbeth having a rap battle to settle it once and for all with the way you worded your point.
    ...How?
    /10char
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragonís flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Sebiale View Post
    ...How?
    /10char
    Seconded. I don't think the word "grudge" can definitively be a call for a rap battle. Now, on the other hand, if Alsbeth and Asha had a beef...

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

Asha won. She dropped down a better rap, then dropped the microphone, saying "Burned." to Alsbeth.

And yes, Scotty was the announcer.
    ...That is the funniest mental image I have had in awhile now. XD +1, good sir.

+ Reply to Thread