+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marshal Kain's Story *SPOILERS*

Default Marshal Kain's Story *SPOILERS*

I don't know a lot about Kain.
    Thus, i wanted to gather all the information on him. An encyclopedia on Kain, if you like.
    Starting with facts I know:
    *SPOILERS BEGIN*
    His name and title is Marshal Frederic Kain
    Kain is the leader of the 12th Sanctuary Guards, also known as Kain's fist.
    Kain has a mission from the Vigil, to collect all the shattered remains of Regulos after his destruction, and destroy them (the pieces).
    In the Defiant future, he is titled "Frederic the Betrayer" and wants to stop you from activating something neccesary for the Failsafe to work.
    I haven't done the IPP Line, but I gathered he becomes corrupt from the pieces.
    Which he said he would not in the Rift article about Kain "Because if I didn't do this, a weaker soul will"
    He seems to (to me, at least) be collecting the pieces, not destroying them.
    He hates the Defiant. (Extremist)
    He dislikes Marshal Oakheart for doing what the townsfolk wants (Move the 8th guard out of the Pines, becuase the town doesn't trust them. (I heard him and Oakheart discuss when I delivered a quest.)
    He also hunts for rare creatures in Scarwood Reach.
    He wants to cleanse Telara of Defaints completely, and the other planes too.
    *SPOILERS END*
    That's what i gathered. Since I probably won't be able to edit this because of the fiveminute limit, please be informative in your posts. Ask questions, because it gets folks to think (Philosophers idea, ask questions, think about them, answeres don't matter(though the y do here))
    Thanks
    Define skill: Skill is to know what, when, how, and what the f to do about it.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice"

*Spoilers*

The majority of Kain's story plays out in IPP and Stillmoor. In IPP the quest line has you hunting bandits suspected of trasporting a remnant of Aedraxis, a powerful artifact instilled with the power of Regulos. The captured bandit leader in the camp tries to warn you that Kain is slipping into madness, but you disregard him and set out on a mission to kill and interrogate the bandits, finding out where the courier carrying the remnant is headed. You are dispatched to intercept the courier and retrive the artifact, but as soon as you lay your hands on it, you begin to feel it's dark aura tugging on your soul. You know what you must do. You carry the Remnant to the forge in the Chancel of Labors, where you cast it into the furnace and destroy it's taint for good.

Returning to Kain you tell him of the remnant's destruction, to wich he reacts with a burst of anger, striking you, berrating you, and revealing his intentions to collect the remnants of Aedraxis to use their power against regulos. You query his officers and come to the conclusion that his obsession with finding the remnants is overwhelming his mind. You report this to Cyril in sanctum, and Kain is discharged with honors for his service to the vigil. However Kain has other plans, and sets off with a small contingent of the 12th guard to Stillmoor where he hopes to find a second remnant of Aedraxis.

His investigation leads him to a village in the foothills of stillmoor, where he becomes suspiscious of the villagers who he believes are hiding a remnant from him. When they fail to produce the relic, he kills everyone, and razes the village. When his first officer attempts to intervene, he too is struck down by Kain's wrath, but is returned as an ascended and charged with finding Kain and ending his tyrrany. It is speculated at that time that Kain has truly fallen into regulos corruption.

That is as far as I've gotten because I believe you have your final confrontation with Marshal Kain in a Raid and I haven't been into any as of yet.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-12-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Ascendant

You do (sort of) encouncter Kain one last time.

There is a Major Death invasion event in Stillmoor with Kain the Fallen (it's obvious it's Marshal Kain) and Alsbeth sending invasions against the siege camp at Zareph's Return. Can't remember the exact dialogue that's yelled off the top of my head right now but there's an exhange at the beginning where Kain comments "Yes, this is the power of Aedraxis" and Alsbeth replies "Fool. It is the power of Regulos".

You fight Kain the Fallen as the boss of that event if you survive the attacks and complete the objectives.
    Last edited by Kedon; 06-12-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Okay, thanks
    Would be nice if we had the lore nicely placed on a tble, instead of being A few lines in a wall of text or part of a questline of the other faction or one that you missed.
    Also, what's the name of the Ascended officer?
    Last edited by Scizor; 06-12-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    Okay, thanks
    Would be nice if we had the lore nicely placed on a tble, instead of being A few lines in a wall of text or part of a questline of the other faction or one that you missed.
    I totally wish I could remember.

Prophet of Telara

Really? 'cause I find that is the entire draw of the lore side of an MMO for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Really? 'cause I find that is the entire draw of the lore side of an MMO for me.
    Yeah, I like finding it too, but I always forget to write it down, or memorize it, or in-game I usually skip it. For us guys with bad memory, perhaps?

Rift Chaser

Okay, thanks
    Sir Martyn Myrsol is the one who gets struck down by Kain in the Stillmoor village. As a guardian, Carwin Mathos shows you what happens.

+ Reply to Thread