+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Greenscale and Regulos

Soulwalker

Default Greenscale and Regulos

I am real interested in this lore. Is Greenscale allied with Regulos? What is the real story behind the green dragon, it seems to me he can easily destroy Telara but doesnt?

Regulos is allied with no one as he wants to nom Telara. Greenscale as well as the other dragons want Telara intact for their own reasons. Greenscale in particular is almost "benevolent" in that he wants to turn Telara into an overgrown forest/jungle paradise and isn't entirely selfish about it (mostly is, but in a well-intentioned extremist kind of way). Destroying us all is the last thing on his mind. Wiping out any and all traces of civilisation however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Soulwalker

In terms of power, is greenscale (not weakened) be able to stand against regulos?

The six dragons are basically equal in power. Regolus just has the most terrifying power and agenda - he wishes to destroy everything, total oblivion.

But the other five dragons have their own agendas, and each one is mutually exclusive - that's why Telara won the first Bloodstorm War, 1000 years ago. The dragons fought amongst themselves.

Regulos wants total oblivion.
    Greenscale wants total anarchy.
    Laethys just wants to own everything.
    Crucia just wants to own everyone.
    Maelforge wants to destroy everything, but then let people rebuild it, so he can destroy it again. Over and over.
    Akylios wants... who the hell knows. He's not just past sanity, he's past insanity.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Regulos is allied with no one as he wants to nom Telara. Greenscale as well as the other dragons want Telara intact for their own reasons. Greenscale in particular is almost "benevolent" in that he wants to turn Telara into an overgrown forest/jungle paradise and isn't entirely selfish about it (mostly is, but in a well-intentioned extremist kind of way). Destroying us all is the last thing on his mind. Wiping out any and all traces of civilisation however...
    I wouldn't call Greenscale benevolent unless you think cancer is benevolent. He wants to oversaturate the world with "life", like a weeds overrunning a garden. A tumor that won't stop growing. Have you seen life squirrels, they are kind of disturbing with random growths coming out of them.
    Last edited by pacoxi; 06-07-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Plane Touched

Greenscale is an extreme Darwinist. Survival of the fittest with everything constantly trying to kill everything else.

Also supposedly Regulos is stronger than the others. I haven't been able to determine why though.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

I'm not sure if Regulos is stronger, but definitely more dangerous because he wants to destroy Telara while the others want to control it.

Greenscale is not the best thing what can happen to the world. In fact, he wants to destroy civilization and we will have to fight to survive while the WHOLE world (fauna and flora) wants to kill you.

If you'll ask me, I think if we fail that we are better off with Crucia... she wants to controll minds and you won't even notice if you are mind controlled anyway xD
    Last edited by Perilium; 06-08-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Sez

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ

Regulos had Greenscale captured, and had minions digging up other ancient beings... He isn't stronger, he is trying to get stronger by eating the other dragons.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I'm pretty sure Akylios wants to know everything, or scare the **** out of everyone :P

Greenscale lives in a lifeless sterile prison as far as I know in the mountains of Stillmoor (i know there's a raid with him in it but... who cares >)

Regulos has the most influence over the people. He corrupted Alsbeth Rothmann to send Telara into a state of 'discord'.

Greenscale pretty much tore a lone faction in half. LAME.

Regulos would win, but we all know LAETHYS PWNS

I thought there was some sort of fundamental difference between Regulos and the other Dragons. I remember reading a phrase somewhere that said, "Even his Dragon form is a lie," and it's simply a sort of projection and not his true form.

Did anyone else read that?
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

All of the dragon forms are avatars. I remember reading that though yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    All of the dragon forms are avatars. I remember reading that though yes.
    Ah, ok. So no different, really.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by pacoxi View Post
    I wouldn't call Greenscale benevolent unless you think cancer is benevolent. He wants to oversaturate the world with "life", like a weeds overrunning a garden. A tumor that won't stop growing. Have you seen life squirrels, they are kind of disturbing with random growths coming out of them.
    Well, just in that he out of all the dragons didn't seem to have to hate us for being us, or out of genuine want to make us miserable. He just thinks that Everything Out To Kill You is the best possible environment for all Life. Not saying I agree, for obvious reasons, but compared to Akylios, Maelforge or Regulos he isn't the worst...

Ironically, he's the one we kill first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Not saying I agree, for obvious reasons, but compared to Akylios, Maelforge or Regulos he isn't the worst...
    Hey, whoa, Akylios? He's cool, man. He likes to hang out and read over your shoulder, see what you're up to. I mean, he might decide to tear off all your skin so he can see what your insides look like, or so he can listen to you scream forever, but that's just because he hates being predictable.

You'll see. Halfway through the raid fight against him, he'll stop everything and set up a tea party. Then, instead of sugar, everyone will get two lumps of the souls of their future, unborn children who will now never be. Then pie.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast