+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clarification please!

Shadowlander

Default clarification please!

gaurdians are the ones who were granted the power of fallen heroes by the divine vigil. The defiants built a rather horrific machine that took other heroes corpses and mashed their super powers into you, making a man made ascended. I think...i didnt get far with defiant cause that idea bothered me for some reason.

So my question is...since in the gaurdian starter zone that crazy defiant who was serving the king was tryen to get tech to make man made ascended. However the defiant start the tech is already there. So does the defiant start happen years later? or am i missing something.

Plane Touched

The Defiant intro takes place in the future of the current timeline that we currently play in (the actual game itself once you're done with the intro). The Guardian intro takes place in the past during the Mathosian Civil War.

And no, the Defiants don't mash corpses together...no idea where you got that idea from. The Defiant Ascended are made out of sourcestone, the magical rock stuff that makes up the world of Telara and allows the planes to manifest on the world. The machinery turns the sourcestone into flesh and the Defiants are resurrected by having their soul drawn out of the river of souls and then put into the sourcestone body.

One or a certain small group of Defiant Ascended from the future was/were sent back in time to the time when the time machine was created.

He/she/they carried the plans for creating the machines that can replicate Ascencion.

As a result, much like the gods of the Vigil can bring forth Ascended, so too can the Defiants now create Ascended.

And I believe the corpses idea came from retrieving souls. Guardians go through quests in the starting area where they are granted new souls by the Ascended leaders from the gods themselves or whatnot, while the Defiants in the starting area have to kill various beings and pull out their souls.

And yes, the Defiant side is generally quite gruesome, when you think about it, but I still made one Defiant character just to see their side of the story.
    In you they placed their faith, their hope and their power...
    You are our salvation...
    You are a Guardian!

Shadowlander

What the Defiants do to Guardian ascended is pretty grusome, but to them it's an ends justufy the means situatuion.

In the Terminus timeline the Guardians, since they had ascended and the Defiants did not, were able to sack Meridian and kill almost everybody. They also destroyed all the Defiants machines.

Alone the Guardians were not strong enough to defeat Regulos, and they failed. in Termius we see the High Elf Priestess has fallen and become evil and such like, the world is ending and so the only hope for Telara is if the Defiants can make their own ascended and go back to change the past.

Since the Guardian ascended in the Terminus timeline were going to die anyway, to the Defiants it is a greater good situation.

Shadowlander

oh i see. Wow they are from the future huh? wish they could show one of the higher ranking gaurdians where they came from and what happened due to their prejudice. Maybe then the hostilities could be set aside

Shadowlander

I think that the guardian leader would think they were lying, which is fair enough as it is a pretty crazy story.

All the pointers show that the guardians failed without the defiants help, and I assume the same would probably happen if the defiants took on Regulos alone. I think it's likely if we ever fight regulos it will be with an allied force of defiants and guardians. So don't give up hope on temporary reconciliation at least.
    Last edited by PenguinRedux; 05-29-2011 at 06:18 AM.

As much as I dislike the whole 'let's set aside our differences and work together' cliche, I'll admit you're probably right. The Vigil simply don't seem strong enough to repel the Bloodstorm on their own, and the Guardians clearly failed without support. The Defiant magitech should give us the edge we need to overpower the dragons and finish them once and for all; while all the Vigil was ultimately capable of was sealing them away temporarily.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread