+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Heirachy Of Dragons

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Heirachy Of Dragons

    (Disclaimer: I didnt play WoW past TBC so relateing it to wow wont do much good. Sorry for thoes with other information but I thought it neccasary to nip it in the bud)


    Im confused. Im trying to place all these different characters and figure out how they co-relate to each other. We have a host for what I assume are major Dragons of the bloodstorm. Which lets be honesty reeks of dragon lance.. just sayin.

    In order of how i perceive them we have 1. Regulos 2. Maelforge 2. crucia and 4. greenscale. Now, the way im thinking is that each of these dragons is the strongest of thier type, if not the only of thier type.
    And regulos seems to be the strongest as hes our main baddy. Beyond this im completely lost...

    So what do you think, and/or what do you know? As always thankies for any/all information ^_^

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Rakanishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veltez911 View Post

    In order of how i perceive them we have 1. Regulos 2. Maelforge 2. crucia and 4. greenscale.
    You forgot Akylos and Laethys. and yes, i think they are the respective leaders of the plains. However i'm not sure if there are other dragons.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Highest character is 31 >_>, Still getting my legs under me so to speak, even moreso when my character that i actually stop to read on is 18 Q.Q

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Keep in mind that the dragons we see are just their mortal forms/avatars. Their true forms are on the planes and they're similar to gods in their power. I don't know if the dragons are intrinsically tied to the planes they're on or if they just chose the ones that suit them the most. If you look at each dragon's motivation it ties into their elemental plane...well, save for Crucia, but I don't know what element ties into hive mind/mind-control so it may as well be air.

    Regulos is definitely the strongest and the ex-leader, but I think all the rest of them are fairly equal in power, it's mostly just their desires that determine how much we see. Regulos and Maelforge are the most overtly dangerous as they want to destroy everything, but the others are seeking more control than that, so they're going to be less destructive. But I don't think, say, Greenscale is more or less dangerous than Crucia or Laethys, and I think they're all equally as bad as Maelforge.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Tarshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    The Vigil are also these "dragons" don't forget. The only reason they're fighting against Regulos is because they want to feed off the Telaran sentient beings and not let him destroy their source of power.

    I wish I had known Telaran dragon lore before I made my guild name. I love dragons and this game turns them into villains D:

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarshana View Post
    The Vigil are also these "dragons" don't forget. The only reason they're fighting against Regulos is because they want to feed off the Telaran sentient beings and not let him destroy their source of power.
    Is that official or fanon? Either way, as a Defiant, I fully support it.

    Ultimately, though, it's a little suspicious that the Vigil are so helpless. If they are the same kin and kind as the dragons, they should be able to do more against them. If they're so much weaker, why don't the dragons just get rid of them?
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  7. #7
    Telaran NeverKnowsBest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    Is that official or fanon? Either way, as a Defiant, I fully support it.

    Ultimately, though, it's a little suspicious that the Vigil are so helpless. If they are the same kin and kind as the dragons, they should be able to do more against them. If they're so much weaker, why don't the dragons just get rid of them?
    It's not in the Blood Storm's interest to destroy The Vigil; The Vigil are the gods that are running around creating worlds for the Blood Storm to devour (or enslave or turn crazy or whatever). To destroy them would be like killing your crack dealer; yeah, it might be fun, if he's not around to give you your fix, you're going to start jonesin' something fierce, and who knows what might happen.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnowsBest View Post
    It's not in the Blood Storm's interest to destroy The Vigil; The Vigil are the gods that are running around creating worlds for the Blood Storm to devour (or enslave or turn crazy or whatever). To destroy them would be like killing your crack dealer; yeah, it might be fun, if he's not around to give you your fix, you're going to start jonesin' something fierce, and who knows what might happen.
    But isn't that what Regulos, at least, wants? Absolute nothingness, total extinction, complete desolation? He, at least, should be aiming to destroy the Vigil.

    Greenscale likely wants them to fight just because, Akylios... who the hell knows, Laethys probably wants to own them, Maelforge is likely all for letting them rebuild so he can knock it down again, and Crucia would want to control them.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    832

    Default

    The dragons are, in no particular order:

    Regulos, Dragon of Death (Extinction)
    Akylios, Dragon of Water (Madness)
    Crucia, Dragon of Air (Control)
    Maelforge, Dragon of Fire (Destruction)
    Laethys, Dragon of Earth (Greed)
    Greenscale, Dragon of Life (Feral)

    Regulos is, out of the six of them, the strongest and the only one to NOT be bound beneath Telara. But, rank-wise, they are all the same... hence Regulos being referred to as the "greatest among equals".

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Regulos is, out of the six of them, the strongest and the only one to NOT be bound beneath Telara.
    He's not bound because he was killed. Every dragon survived the war and was imprisoned except him. That doesn't fill me with visions of how he's the strongest.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Skryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    He's not bound because he was killed. Every dragon survived the war and was imprisoned except him. That doesn't fill me with visions of how he's the strongest.
    It took the sacrifice of all of the PC Guardians combined with the full power of the Vigil to take out Regulos, and it didn't even completely destroy his body. He was too powerful to imprison, he would have just broke the chains that bound him. He is, after all, the inevitable.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

  12. #12
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    It took the sacrifice of all of the PC Guardians combined with the full power of the Vigil to take out Regulos, and it didn't even completely destroy his body. He was too powerful to imprison, he would have just broke the chains that bound him. He is, after all, the inevitable.
    That wasnt Regulous. that was his avatar Aedraxis.
    Regulous was killed by the first champions. Neddra, etc. in the blood storm many many years prior to the Guardian starter zone. (dont remember the date listed)
    But that also was just a body. they dragons are immortal aspects. Kill the body, and they just respawn back on their home plain. Hence the entire point of trapping them, and NOT killing them.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Skryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post
    That wasnt Regulous. that was his avatar Aedraxis.
    Regulous was killed by the first champions. Neddra, etc. in the blood storm many many years prior to the Guardian starter zone. (dont remember the date listed)
    But that also was just a body. they dragons are immortal aspects. Kill the body, and they just respawn back on their home plain. Hence the entire point of trapping them, and NOT killing them.
    It was Aedraxis imbued with the full power of Regulos. For all intents and purposes, it was Regulos.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Sebiale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    It was Aedraxis imbued with the full power of Regulos. For all intents and purposes, it was Regulos.
    No.
    If it was the "full power of Regulos" as you say, then they wouldn't have stood a chance.
    That's the concern after all, of Regulos truly manifesting. The only time we've seen him do this is in the Defiant future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xerokine View Post
    He's not bound because he was killed. Every dragon survived the war and was imprisoned except him. That doesn't fill me with visions of how he's the strongest.
    He was the only one killed because he was the most feared.
    The other dragons could be (somewhat) safely imprisoned. Regulos could not be.
    Last edited by Sebiale; 05-28-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Akylios, the Profane: "is beyond understanding. The living interest him because the tortured howls of races sound almost like music. He does not seek victory over men any more than the ocean strives against the land. One day he will simply wash all mortals away just to hear them scream their silly symphony. He was mad even before he learned all fears and secrets. There are no words for what Akylios is now."

    Laethys, Queen of Avarice: "The Gold Dragonís flesh flows like molten metal, and diamonds are her eyes. The riches of worlds will fall through her clutches, and she will never have enough while anyone else has anything at all. Laethys will feast atop a pile of famished wretches. All will adore her alone, and she will never give them quite enough."

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Xerokine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post
    That wasnt Regulous. that was his avatar Aedraxis.
    Regulous was killed by the first champions. Neddra, etc. in the blood storm many many years prior to the Guardian starter zone. (dont remember the date listed)
    But that also was just a body. they dragons are immortal aspects. Kill the body, and they just respawn back on their home plain. Hence the entire point of trapping them, and NOT killing them.
    In other words, Greenscale will be back. Great, so now we got three dragons trapped on Telara, and two plotting together outside the Ward trying to get back inside.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

    *Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts