+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many days in game for each real life game?

Rift Master

Default How many days in game for each real life game?

How many days pass for each real day in the game? I noticed that as I was standing in Meridian the other day that time was passing much faster then normal when it comes to day and night timelines..

I've been trying to figure this out for some time myself but no one seems to have an accurate number.
    In you they placed their faith, their hope and their power...
    You are our salvation...
    You are a Guardian!

For simplicity's sake, in RP I use a 1 to 1 rate unless something tells me otherwise. I know that there seems to be a faster day/night cycle but I know that from a gameplay perspective there are achievements that only can be done at night, which would make having only one such time inconvenient for some players.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sige View Post
    For simplicity's sake, in RP I use a 1 to 1 rate unless something tells me otherwise. I know that there seems to be a faster day/night cycle but I know that from a gameplay perspective there are achievements that only can be done at night, which would make having only one such time inconvenient for some players.
    Then I would really like it to be night, it never really gets dark and I feel like it's always Dusk, Dawn, Noon.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sige View Post
    This isn't a bad idea, until somebody in your guild has their character get pregnant and they spend the next 7-9 months RPing it.

Shadowlander

Not to mention if you want to travel long distances. On a 1:1 ratio you can travel huge distances in a day. However, without any way of marking how many days pass it's the only reasonable option. I wish I could make addons, then I would make a ingame time clock

Would be awesome if the server status page showed the in-game time on each server.

I imagine I wouldn't be the only one who would enjoy such a feature.

As great as it is to be able to play all around the clock in the in-game world instead of only at the same time every day, I still generally prefer a sunny daylight atmosphere, so being able to see what time of day it is in the in-game world on my shard before launching the game would be useful.
    In you they placed their faith, their hope and their power...
    You are our salvation...
    You are a Guardian!

Soulwalker

Way we did it in Aion was a 1:1 ratio, that was for terms of "good morning/evening/night"
    Each month was counted as a year I belive, though im not sure if that was widely used by most.

Are the short days actually happening, though, lore-wise? Or is this just a game mechanic we're supposed to ignore? Because considering how unstable Telara has gotten, with the rifts and now the slivers, I wouldn't be surprised if time and reality were beginning to slip a few gears.
    "I get up early. And I don't go to bed until I've made some very poor decisions."

*Antaeus, Defiant Kelari - Faeblight RP-PvE
    Now available: Telara, as seen through screenshots of varying quality.

+ Reply to Thread