+ Reply to Thread

Thread: where in the world is mathosia?

Soulwalker

Default where in the world is mathosia?

Well to start off im trying to figure out where mathosia was on telara. Based of the lore in game ibelive it to have been located in moon shade highlands. We all know that the elves lived in sliverwood and gloamwood. We also know that humans also came to existance in those areas but split mathosians went north ans eth went south to live in the desert. If mathosians went north that would put them im in moonshade. If i'm wrong i'm wrong but I think this is where it was

The ruins of Mathosia are now called Stillmoor. There are still villages there, taken over my vampires, zombies and miscellaneous undead.

Moonshade was and is the home of dwarves.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Soulwalker

Thank you I haven't been to stillmoor yet but that was my second guess

Telaran

I also get the impression that Iron Pine Peak was once Mathosia, as the lore talks about the original Mathosians being fierce mountain-dwellers fighting dragons in the cold and such. What's now Stillmoor was the heart of the empire once they established it, but IPP was where I think they got their start.

Also, I'm pretty sure that, at one point, "Mathosia" covered about half of Telara, if not more. I'm pretty sure that Stillmoor, IPP, Scarwood Reach, Scarlet Gorge, Stonefield, Gloamwood, and Freemarch were all considered part of Mathosia.

The Eth empire was somewhat similar; its heart was in the Droughtlands, but it stretched pretty far north at its height.

Plane Touched

Yeah, the Mathosian Empire covered most of the current landmass that we now see. If you're referring to the area from the Guardian starting zone, it's basically Stillmoor.

Telaran

Stillmore is definatly where mathosia used to be.

the elder brother Aedraxis resorted to dread magic that fractured the protective ward around Telara and pulled the Plane of Death over the land, forever morphing him into an undead king of horrors, and destroying most of the Mathosian homeland in a magical disaster known as the Shade. Many of the loyal followers fled the scourge of the Shade with Zareph and eventually founded the great city of Port Scion.
    As Stillmore seems to be the only area still ravaged by the shade, prehaps mathosia didn't span all that far after all.

The dwarves had several mountain cities, one of them in Scarwood Reach. The dwarven section indicates that was not part of mathosia.

Every delve has different needs, valuing different skills and crafts. For example, Lord’s Hall in Scarwood Reach nurtured close ties with Mathosia, focusing on war and weapon-craft to create the finest swords, warriors, and inquisitors in Telara. Led by the architect Borrin Gammult, these Dwarves joined with Prince Zareph Mathos to battle the tyrant and necromancer Aedraxis. Alas, Lord’s Hall was hit hard by the Shade. Its remaining Dwarves shut themselves behind a mighty door, and have not emerged since.
    //Sirensis
    Last edited by Sirensis; 05-19-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Another thing is: we don't actually know if the current landmass we have available is indeed all of Mathosia. Yes, Stillmoor, Scarwood and so on were part of Mathosia. The question is: did it extend further to the north and west too?
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
    Another thing is: we don't actually know if the current landmass we have available is indeed all of Mathosia. Yes, Stillmoor, Scarwood and so on were part of Mathosia. The question is: did it extend further to the north and west too?
    I wonder if the Guardian lore lead (wink/wink) would consider speculating on this? Of course, I'm actually just trying to get someone from Trion to admit there are plans to let us explore more of Telara. Wait a minute, no I'm not! What was I saying?

It doesn't exist. I check all my maps of the Earth and I don;t see it anywhere. Oh no, that means back to reality, better take more pills!

+ Reply to Thread