+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Ode to the Gods...

  1. #1
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default Ode to the Gods...

    This is the Vigil's world, and to my listening ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
    This is the Vigils's world: I rest me in the thought
    Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
    Their hands the wonders wrought.

    This is the Vigil's world, the birds their carols raise,
    The morning light, the lily white, declare their Makers praise.
    This is the Vigil's world: They shine in all that's fair;
    In the rustling grass I hear Them pass;
    They speaks to me everywhere.

    This is the Vigil's world. O let me ne'er forget
    That though the wrong seems oft so strong, The Gods ARE the rulers yet.
    This is the Vigil's world: why should my heart be sad?
    Lord Cyril is our King; let the heavens ring!
    Cyril reigns; let the earth be glad!

    This is Lord Cyril's world, dreaming, I see His face.
    I ope my eyes, and in glad surprise cry, "The Lord is in this place."
    This is our Vigil's world, from the shining courts above,
    The Beloved One, His Asended Son,
    Cyril came—a pledge of deathless love.

    This is my Vigil's world, should my heart be ever sad?
    Lord Cyril is our King—let the heavens ring.Cyril reigns—let the earth be glad.
    This is my Vigil's world. Now closer to Heaven bound,
    For dear to my God is the earth the Asended trod.
    No place but is holy ground.

    This is my Vigil's world. though I walk a desert lone.
    In a bush ablaze to my wondering gaze the Gods make Their glory known.
    This is my Vigil's world, a wandering I may roam
    Whate'er my lot, it matters not,
    My heart is still at home.

    Go Guardians!
    Mac

  2. #2
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Rifty (my King Charles spanial) and I just came in from a glorious walk on a lovely sunny day here in the snows of southern Sweden. I was compelled to sing a nd turned that song into an ode when we arrived back home.
    Mac

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Isadore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Wow Death, didn't know you were such a sentimental guy! Great work on that, lots of Guardian inspiration there.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isadore View Post
    Wow Death, didn't know you were such a sentimental guy! Great work on that, lots of Guardian inspiration there.
    Don't compliment me. The Gods made this lovely day, I was luck enough to notice it.
    Mac

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Shagroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Myth HQ/Belmont
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Nice one guy, it's funny how I was completely ready to become part of the Defiant until I actually played the game.

    Beautiful stuff - you make the Guardians proud.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

    a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

  6. #6
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    Nice one guy, it's funny how I was completely ready to become part of the Defiant until I actually played the game.

    Beautiful stuff - you make the Guardians proud.
    Thanks /blush
    Both factions have plusses and minuses. We ARE both trying to save the world, we just come at it from VERY different directions.
    Mac

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Nightfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Mac, I enjoy your threads here in the forums. That being said, I pray you roll RP/PVP server

    As a PROUD DEFIANT, I look forward to expanding my kill count with your head. Repeatedly!

  8. #8
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Mac, I enjoy your threads here in the forums. That being said, I pray you roll RP/PVP server

    As a PROUD DEFIANT, I look forward to expanding my kill count with your head. Repeatedly!
    I look forward to it too bro. Chances are we won't just happen to land on the same server but... we can still meet in the cross-server Warfronts from time to time. Unless ofc the North American clusters don't cross-server with the EU clusters?
    Mac

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    MacDeath, you ****ing nerd, I love you.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

  10. #10
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hackiedoodle View Post
    MacDeath, you ****ing nerd, I love you.
    Sheesh! I thought we agreed to not talk that way in public?

    /Hugs
    Mac

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Arieltalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nashville, GA, USA
    Posts
    260

    Default

    And I will post my elven response to your awesomeness again here.

    Goddess' Tears

    Oh Tavril
    You have nestled us within the wreathing arms of your mighty mountains
    Washed away our sins in your tumbling streams
    Fed us and clothed us with the harvest of your fields

    We weep for you, oh Mother
    As you weep for us
    We fight by your side, Sister, Brother
    Firstborn of the forests, Secondborn of the earth, Thirdborn of the dust

    Never shall we falter as we defend our creator
    Never shall we doubt her love
    Tavril rain your tears upon us and renew us
    In your hope
    Last edited by Arieltalia; 01-05-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    I am willing to suspend my disbelief, but please don't ask me to hang it by the neck until dead.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arieltalia View Post
    And I will post my elven response to your awesomeness again here.

    Goddess' Tears

    Oh Tavril
    You have nestled us within the wreathing arms of your mighty mountains
    Washed away our sins in your tumbling streams
    Fed us and clothed us with the harvest of your fields

    We weep for you, oh Mother
    As you weep for us
    We fight by your side, Sister, Brother
    Firstborn of the forests, Secondborn of the earth, Thirdborn of the dust

    Never shall we falter as we defend our creator
    Never shall we doubt her love
    Tavril rain your tears upon us and renew us
    In your hope
    Very nice Sister. Be ever vigalent. Be ever watchfull. There is much evil afoot and we ARE the Guardians. With the help and guidance of the Gods we can not fail.

    /y TOO ME BRITHERS AND SISTERS! Swords OUT!
    Mac

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Rifty (my King Charles spanial) and I just came in from a glorious walk on a lovely sunny day here in the snows of southern Sweden. I was compelled to sing a nd turned that song into an ode when we arrived back home.
    Having been all over Sweden on a backpacking trip, I totally understand where the inspiration came from... nice words.
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network

  14. #14
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volion View Post
    Having been all over Sweden on a backpacking trip, I totally understand where the inspiration came from... nice words.
    Thanks. Have you ever been up in the Norwegian Arctic? God was VERY inspired when she did that part of our earth.
    Mac

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Edwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England, Surrey
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Wow I like this a lot, I very much enjoyed reading it.
    Last edited by Edwin; 01-06-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    BJORN FOR THE WIN!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts