+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Telara - World or Plane?

Soulwalker

Question Telara - World or Plane?

Is Telara itself, a world existing WITHIN a single plane of existence (one which hasn't yet been named), where the plane CONTAINING Telara is what is intersecting with the other primal planes to destablize the Ward and form the rifts?

*OR*

Is Telara ITSELF a plane?

We know that there very well could be countless more planes than the six that the scholars have discovered thus far, but there was no mention of one for Telara to exist within.

I would think that each PLANE of existence could themselves sustain countless number of WORLDS within that structure. That would certainly ensure equally countless variations of theme.

Meh, from reading the lore, it sounds like Telara is a world that exists within several planes, because it's created by the intersection of those planes... if that made any sense.

Soulwalker

Now that's an interesting point, and it reinforces the idea that Telara is a rare unparalleled power, thus fueling the Blood Storm's desire to control it. So it's not only a "world" per-se, but a SPECIAL world since it was formed by the nexus of these other planes.

It sounded like Telara was part of only one plane but all the other planes came into the plane that Telara is on through it.

Soulwalker

Well, it exists at the nexus of the planes, of which only six have been identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltz89 View Post
    It sounded like Telara was part of only one plane but all the other planes came into the plane that Telara is on through it.
    Do you mean that in addition to the six identified planes, Telara is also a plane?
    Interesting, because I didn't get that impression. What made you think so?

Ya that in total there are seven planes. One that contains Telara and the six planes that surround it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logikal View Post
    Well, it exists at the nexus of the planes, of which only six have been identified.
    I wonder if more will ever be "identified" in the future... nice idea for expansions.

Soulwalker

Voltz89: That logic does make sense and is as good a theory as any we have thus far.

I think of it more like this diagram:

With the planes being Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7
    and Telara being number 5.
    It is not an individual plane but instead is the middle where all other planes connect.
    And who knows, there could be an infinite number of planes that connect at this spot. You would just add more circles to the diagram.

That is actually a pretty nice idea, I never really understood yet how I should picture a plane, I just saw it as a dimension or something. Your diagram explained it a lot better Ravenwolf ty I also love belatrix her/his idea about more planes beeing dicovered as the game develops and is launched. It would basicly be a free card to add as many things as they wanted without having huge empty spaces in the world for it already or having land masses appear out of thin air on patch day.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    That is actually a pretty nice idea, I never really understood yet how I should picture a plane, I just saw it as a dimension or something. Your diagram explained it a lot better Ravenwolf ty I also love belatrix her/his idea about more planes beeing dicovered as the game develops and is launched. It would basicly be a free card to add as many things as they wanted without having huge empty spaces in the world for it already or having land masses appear out of thin air on patch day.

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    I'm always willing to oblige =)

Ravenwolf is showing off her l33t geometry skillz and diagram crafting techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekcheck View Post
    Ravenwolf is showing off her l33t geometry skillz and diagram crafting techniques.
    More like l33t Googleing skills heehee, I just searched for "six overlapping circles" and it came up with the type of diagram I was thinking of haha.

Y= Answer. A + C = Red. Up / Blue = Yellow.(Red + Yellow) Z x Yes = Y.
    Solve for Y.
    Last edited by Kithiel; 04-29-2010 at 08:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast