+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Gods+Civil War+???

Default Dragon Gods+Civil War+???

As an ascended coming back to Telara to save the day, we have those two aforementioned concerns.

My question is, when the bloodstorm were completely dormant, did Telara have any other major threats? Are there any unaligned powerful factions that we might encounter? Any powerful Telaran entities that have yet to decide if they're going to intervene?

I guess I'm just used to MMO settings having a tremendous amount of villains simultaneously wreaking havoc. In WoW alone, you have the old gods, the burning legion, the scourge, evil trolls, insane dragon aspects like Deathwing/Malygos, the elemental lords, the naga, etc. Those are all raid content-level "omg they're going to destroy the world!" type threats.

Purple, please. :P
    Last edited by Europe; 08-01-2010 at 01:08 AM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Well so far we have 7 different threats for any given player (6 evil factions and the opposing side). I think all major threats will come from the planes or worshippers of the planes, myself.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    As an ascended coming back to Telara to save the day, we have those two aforementioned concerns.

My question is, when the bloodstorm were completely dormant, did Telara have any other major threats? Are there any unaligned powerful factions that we might encounter? Any powerful Telaran entities that have yet to decide if they're going to intervene?

I guess I'm just used to MMO settings having a tremendous amount of villains simultaneously wreaking havoc. In WoW alone, you have the old gods, the burning legion, the scourge, evil trolls, insane dragon aspects like Deathwing/Malygos, the elemental lords, the naga, etc. Those are all raid content-level "omg they're going to destroy the world!" type threats.

Purple, please. :P
    There's a LOT of other threats derived from the Bloodstorm.
    I mean, if you want to count them as ONE, you can take all what you wrote on that WoW threat list and merge it to two things: Old gods corrupting the **** out of everyone, and Titans, with the burning legion and the pantheon's plan to UNDO AZEROTH AND TRY AGAIN
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skythe View Post
    There's a LOT of other threats derived from the Bloodstorm.
    I mean, if you want to count them as ONE, you can take all what you wrote on that WoW threat list and merge it to two things: Old gods corrupting the **** out of everyone, and Titans, with the burning legion and the pantheon's plan to UNDO AZEROTH AND TRY AGAIN
    You make a good point. I hope they borrow a little bit from WoW and have the Bloodstorm working through other entities and forces, corrupting and seducing from afar.

I guess I just have this idea that the Bloodstorm's forces are sort of in discrete blocks of followers bent on invading, but have not made significant inroads in invading yet. I hope some areas ARE invaded and they've secured power bases and are working at corrupting and recruiting Telarans and other creatures as well. So not only is the enemy invading, but the enemy is among us as well...
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Well Europe, looking back at our last irc chat we can see that the bloodstorm is working though pretty much every angle they can. A good example are the fire goblins in gloamwood.
    Last edited by Hanlo; 08-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Well Europe, looking back at our last irc chat we can see that the bloodstorm is working though pretty much every angle they can. A good example are the fire goblins in gloamwood.
    Yeah. I guess what I want is to be unaware that the bloodstorm is behind certain nefarious deeds, and then have it revealed in a dramatic moment. I think I'm fighting Evil Lord Chinchilla, but before we fight him, he admits that he didn't expect us to defeat all his rodent minions and that we won't stand in Regulos' way in regard to more sandbaths for chinchillas in 2011. and then he turns into a death chinchilla and shoots shadowbolts at us.

You know. The grand reveal.

Prophet of Telara

I am sure either missdoomcookie or captaincursor mentioned that it is not only the Dragon Gods and their followers that are looking to do nasty things to Telara, but the planar beings themselves.

With that, the opposing faction, any number of different evil factions on Telara and your everyday run-of-the-mill monsters, then I think there is going to be a fair amount of nastiness lurking around every corner.

If I was Mr Nasty, hidden away in some remote corner of Telara and hoping to take over the world, then I don't think the emergence of the Bloodstorm would stop my ambitions. It might well just give the peoples of Telara something else to be occupied with when I launch my evil intent upon them.

Was there some mention of an evil old hag in the Gloamwood zone, and a mystery menace killing inhabitants of the town? There's one, or two, evil menace(s) for you.

...and don't forget Hanlo. He's about as evil an evil menace as one can get.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    Yeah. I guess what I want is to be unaware that the bloodstorm is behind certain nefarious deeds, and then have it revealed in a dramatic moment. I think I'm fighting Evil Lord Chinchilla, but before we fight him, he admits that he didn't expect us to defeat all his rodent minions and that we won't stand in Regulos' way in regard to more sandbaths for chinchillas in 2011. and then he turns into a death chinchilla and shoots shadowbolts at us.

You know. The grand reveal.
    That sounds like fun! On the serious side: That sounds like A LOT of fun! But yeah, it would be good to have villan reveal his plot or have him say what he "Thinks" before he kills us or gets killed!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

+ Reply to Thread