+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loving the Lore.

Default Loving the Lore.

I wanted to give a kudos out to the guys making the story and lore for this game. I haven't been so enthralled by a story since reading up the lore on Shadowbane. I hope the Lore transitions well into the game unlike the ladder mentioned. Keep up the great work .

Something else I noticed and was curious about.. Is Estrael, the Edge Dancer, founder of the bladedancers paying homage to Eilistraee, The Lady of the Dance, the Dungeons and Dragons elven/drow diety of Sword, Dance, Song, Nature, the Moon and Beauty?

I agree, the lore thus far is excellent and was created with a foundation that will only continue to get deeper and drive the storyline in a strong direction that will allow for great immersion of our characters in the world.

Default anthology?

Anywhere you can direct someone to get some lore basics about the game that is in some sort of collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyrah View Post
    Anywhere you can direct someone to get some lore basics about the game that is in some sort of collection?
    Telarapedia has a good rundown of much of lore revealed so far.

Link here: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Lore

And I too would like to send my compliments to the lore team. I'm getting hooked and we don't even have all the information yet! I've enjoyed Missdoomcookie's work in previous games before and I've always thought it was top notch! So a special shout out to her! I still love you too though, captaincursor

Agreed with the sentiments above. This is like a well-written book series, I just can't wait for the next one!

Guess I will co-sign on this as well I never really got into the lore of these games but I caint help but find myself reading the lore of this one cause its so well done.

Diddo! This is the first MMORPG i've actually been interested in delving deep in the lore, mainly i think because its a totally new IP versus other big name MMOs that are based off already established franchises.

Default Awesome

TY soo much for the link!!!! Autochthon

Fo what I've read of the lore so far, it does seem awesome, I just hope that the lore doesn't descend into various storylines that have absolutely no relevance to each other or make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyrah View Post
    TY soo much for the link!!!! Autochthon
    Hehe, never a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimsul View Post
    I wanted to give a kudos out to the guys making the story and lore for this game. I haven't been so enthralled by a story since reading up the lore on Shadowbane. I hope the Lore transitions well into the game unlike the ladder mentioned. Keep up the great work .
    I second this!

And to be more precise: We know so far two of the great Lore Devs. It's "Captaincursor" for the Guardian lore and "Missdoomcoockie" for the Defiant lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    Diddo! This is the first MMORPG i've actually been interested in delving deep in the lore, mainly i think because its a totally new IP versus other big name MMOs that are based off already established franchises.
    Have to agree as well, this is the first MMO for me, in which I am enjoying the Lore. Those guys are awsome writters! Definitely feels like a book story!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I love the lore. The Roman & Greek gods fought all the time not only over the mortals but with each other. In both cultures, most but not all the gods were very egotistical and very possessive of their area of expertise!

Like others, I have read the lore to date. I can imagine those dragon (I luv dragons) gods in their board room making plans for Telara after they formed it, each one putting their stamp of approval on their fav beings. Forming the world with the various planes joining was ingenious and promoted harmony as long as that ward held true.

Then the opps factor - why? well, that's part of the mystery. The ward was somehow weakened allowing the rifts and other powers to play with Telara possibly ringing the bell to toll for it's death - but maybe not. Oh, my - how did that ward weakened - another mystery to unravel.

As in Greek & Roman mythology the gods always underestimate the sentient beings - sheez - will they ever learn.

I am looking forward to the mysteries and living the life of a heroine playing her small role in keeping Telara safe from the planes and perhaps finally throwing those gods out on their Gluteus Maximus eerrrr tail! yeah!

Thanks Linday Morgan Lockhard and Nick McDowell - U are awesome!

Soulwalker

I am really enjoying the lore for Telara. In most games i have played in the past i have not payed to much attention to the lore. But Telara is different. The lore is very interesting.

Lightbulb

I keep looking for an MMORPG with a story I can like.

And I like WoW's story. Yeah yeah, whatever. I like it. As long as you follow it (and 90% of players now seem to entirely ignore it), it can be pretty neat.

But that's it. It's 'neat'. It's nothing special, but something interesting to tide one over.

Rift looks different though. It looks like typical high fantasy, but with enough awesome twists that I think I may just become addicted to finding every story bit I can find..

It reminds me of every other aspect of development of Rift as told to us so far - take the best of what's out there, polish it, put it all together and add new systems to make it even better. That's how I feel about the story, and the game as a whole.

And that's why I'm following it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast