+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your story?

Default What is your story?

Well I'm not sure if this is the right place but I guess this is where all the RP players will be at. So what is your story? What kind of Ascendant are you? Where did you die? What's your name? What will your personality be?

I adore hearing lore stories of other players, it makes things interesting and maybe we will see each other. Therefore we can play along.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Hey there! Actually, that question has been semi-answered in the rp forum section by a few people: however there's a fair few of us who aren't playing Defiant (no, really!) and since we have zero lore about that yet, we haven't really been able to do any in-depth character background theorising. I currently have no clue what my character is about yet though I've got a very basic frame started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Hey there! Actually, that question has been semi-answered in the rp forum section by a few people: however there's a fair few of us who aren't playing Defiant (no, really!) and since we have zero lore about that yet, we haven't really been able to do any in-depth character background theorising. I currently have no clue what my character is about yet though I've got a very basic frame started.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as Tinker ... though I'm still not sure on my character. I need to read up on everything again to see where I wanna start. Only thing I know for sure is that I'm Defiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladhiel View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as Tinker ... though I'm still not sure on my character. I need to read up on everything again to see where I wanna start. Only thing I know for sure is that I'm Defiant.
    Defiant all the way! Im still thinking of what to be. I will definitely be Defiant mage called Elladar, however what calling and race, I havent decided yet. [Hoping noone will steal my name ingame, would make me REALLY sad!]
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Like Elladar I am hoping no one will steal my name in game, but I do have several alternative choices pickout just in case.

I pitty the poor bastered that does though, cause I will track him down and make him disappear.

I have progressed a lil futher along then Tinker though I am going Defiant and I am more then likely to go Bahmi on the race. As for the class its rogue or nothing I have atleast 2 of the sub classes picked out but I not sure yet on the 3rd.

I am also not sure if I am going to play a male or female charater yet as I do like to play both.

Nemesis
    Last edited by Nemesis; 10-15-2010 at 08:33 AM.

There is still so much info and lore that has yet to be unveiled so I have not began building a backstory around my character as of this time. I really enjoy writing stories about my in game characters and feel its a great way for lore geeks like myself to become even more immersed in the game world.

As the game draws closer to release I will start putting one together and I look forward to reading many of your stories as well.

You don't have to RP fully to have a backstory and a personality to your character. I don't actualy RP in game but all my toons have some sort of backstory in my head and I definately know where they come from and what they want. Their house decor always reflects the personality I feel they have. So would it be ok to post a backstory on the RP forum once I have one sorted even if I don't join a RP server or RP in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilthug View Post
    You don't have to RP fully to have a backstory and a personality to your character. I don't actualy RP in game but all my toons have some sort of backstory in my head and I definately know where they come from and what they want. Their house decor always reflects the personality I feel they have. So would it be ok to post a backstory on the RP forum once I have one sorted even if I don't join a RP server or RP in game?
    Cant see anyone having a problem with that.

I am still working on my back story, so far all I know is that I am defiant and a cleric of some type, preferably one who has little to no offensive ability...

Default Waiting for game...

I kind of have something in mind but I really want to read up some more on the lore and story so i can intertwine my char into the world. Is there a thread with lore basics???

Quote Originally Posted by Lilthug View Post
    One isn't required to join a RP server in order to have a well-rounded character with a story and personality.

In the 2 games I play (WoW & EQ2), all my characters have stories and all role play from time to time, yet none are on a role playing server. How can you not have fun with an Iksar character named Slizz who is a gourmet chef and owns a restaurant. Her favorite thing is giving free massages and saunas to froggies in her kitchen!

As for houses, so far, there are no houses at launch, but that doesn't mean there won't be any in the future.

Oakenfold is a billionaire industrialist and philanthropist, and the son of Thomasanos and Marthannye. When Oakenfold was a child his parents were murdered by Twinkedoutlowbie, a low level thug in the Defiant organization, who then was arrested the same night he murdered them, which made Oakenfold determined to rid Sanctum City of crime.
    FALLOUT
    falloutclan.net

Soulwalker

^^ Think that has been done before *cough* Batman *cough* Regardless, I enjoy the story no matter how it is told.

Quote Originally Posted by Schug View Post
    ^^ Think that has been done before *cough* Batman *cough* Regardless, I enjoy the story no matter how it is told.
    You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Default Sylvrin's Story

Sylvrin is a high elf ranger-assassin and she is inspired by the natural music of the woodlands. She has a great love for the wildlands of Telara. From her childhood she has heard stories of the great forest that once covered the land, which has been cut back and destroyed over the years. She was born in Cliffside Vale, but has a deep yearning to have her people return to the Heart Grove one day. She often sings the poignant songs she learned as a child that tell the tale of the long elven past and their sad fall from the glory they once had. This, however, is her only soft side.

She is NOT your typical accepting wood elf that gets along well with everybody. In fact, she barely tolerates dwarves, only putting up with them because they can and will fight with her to protect Telara from the rift invasions. She doesn't like what they do to the wilderness with their civilization building, however, and would just as soon shoot one as look at them. The only reason she doesn't is because she was asked by Tavril to be tolerant of the ale-swilling buggers as a condition of receiving ascension. Having made a vow not to kill them, she still is very prejudiced against them.

Mathosian humans will have to prove something to her to gain her respect because she is somewhat paranoid and very distrusting by nature. If Mathosians prove their strength and show her that they are willing to fight at her side to protect the lands from invasion from the rifts as well as from Defiant technology, then and only then, will she begin to trust them. Even other elves will be suspect for a time until she gets to know them. It was, afterall, her fellow kinsmen who failed to protect the Heart Grove (at least that's the way she sees it).

Sylvrin is going to be as bad-arse as I can make her and she has reasons to kill people. Is she a tree-hugger? You bet she is! She will be a very loyal follower of Tavril. But is she good? Not on your life! Think along the lines of a Greenpeace radical extremist who has no qualms about assassinating anyone who has had anything to do with burning down a forest or strip mining the land. She sees sourcestone not only as sacred, but as the very life of the land. While, in her mind it's ok to use small amounts of it to commune with the gods who used this precious stone to create the world to begin with, she will not tolerate it being used to fuel technology. Beware, Defiants, she is going to be hunting you down!
    Last edited by Sylvrin; 09-03-2010 at 02:39 AM.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

+ Reply to Thread