+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guardian leader

Default Guardian leader

Considering we have a topic on the Defiant leader who do you think is the Guardian leader? I'm thinking the guy at the top of the forums, and no not the bear thing.

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meson View Post
    Considering we have a topic on the Defiant leader who do you think is the Guardian leader? I'm thinking the guy at the top of the forums, and no not the bear thing.
    Probably, although it's not 100% confirmed if Cyril is the leader. Champion = leader?

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Portal:N...17_June_2010_1
    NicholasTaylorMcDowell: Guardian factoid #1 - The first ascended soul to return to Telara was Cyril, champion of the guardians (he's the armored dude you see in the header)

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Considering both Oriphiel and Asha are leaders of the defiant, and there could be more we don't know about. Guardians just having Cyril seems unrealistic, but so far no info has been released on that.

We've had very little info on Guardians full stop; I'm hoping we get some really nice tidbits as it seems rather odd that there's loads of game footage and lore and so forth for Defiant but the Guardians is quite scant. Perhaps they're still working on things on that side of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    We've had very little info on Guardians full stop; I'm hoping we get some really nice tidbits as it seems rather odd that there's loads of game footage and lore and so forth for Defiant but the Guardians is quite scant. Perhaps they're still working on things on that side of the game?
    Agreed, it almost seems like there is only one faction with so much focus of the lore being on the Defiant.

Pray tell is this the foundation for bias threads like those in WoW accusing the devs of favoring the Horde? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo View Post
    Agreed, it almost seems like there is only one faction with so much focus of the lore being on the Defiant.

Pray tell is this the foundation for bias threads like those in WoW accusing the devs of favoring the Horde? hmm
    They might actually be favoring the Defiants...who knows

/doomsday

It wouldn't be right to draw a conclusion that the developers favor the defiant more just by the information the the marketing people have allowed out. In several of the discussions with the developers we have seen several that are for the guardians. All information is done in steps.

As for the leader I would say Cyril is probably a top person but based on their lore of religious nuts bags I am sure the leading group with be some type of priest/cleric/paladin etc .

Nope, they are just on an information release schedule. Guardian info is coming at one of the next conventions, but I don't know which one.
    Question from Braen: when can we expect more guardian infoz?
    <%missdoomcookie> Soon ;)
    <%captaincursor> If they want to tell a story about a fallen knight how do they express it
    <%captaincursor> An upcomming games convention
    <%missdoomcookie>
    It will be captaincursor's day in the sun soon enough. ;)

I was under the impression that Orphiel called the shots, but Asha was the Champion. Champion doesn't mean leader persay, just a great fighter for a cause.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

How about Prince Zareph? Though I don't know much about what happen in Port Scion after the Shade War.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Yeah good point, Draegan. He sounds like a likely candidate, provided he survived the fall of Port Scion... Orphiel isn't an Ascendant and neither is Zareph, so Zareph's Asha equivalent would be Cyril.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    Yeah good point, Draegan. He sounds like a likely candidate, provided he survived the fall of Port Scion... Orphiel isn't an Ascendant and neither is Zareph, so Zareph's Asha equivalent would be Cyril.
    Zareph is indeed "lost". He became so with the fall of Port Scion. We can assume he is dead - but ONLY that.

Quote Originally Posted by Official Site
    Since Zareph was lost in the fall of Port Scion, no leader has emerged to unite Telara's survivors, and the Guardians demanded an end to the use of sourcestone machines. Orphiel and his followers' refusal to comply caused a deep schism, pitting their faction against Cyril the Champion and his Guardians.
    From this we could possibly say they don't have any leader besides Cyril.

I think Cyril it is at this point, all other candidates seem to have a habbit of dying of late lol. Hopefully Trion will bless us with some new Guardian Lore sooner rather than later, but i understand these things take time. Maybe we will be introduced to some of Cyrils Luitenants or right a hand man/woman. I also think some style of Guardian High Council would add a nice flavour to already tastey lore

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

well i don't know how to imbed a video, but this is the gamescom trailer, finally a guardian trailer. In looking at some of the scenes in it, it appears cyril is a leader (they show him on a throne?). I'm just stoked they finally came out with a guardian one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JirfhEPhE&feature=player_embedded

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    well i don't know how to imbed a video, but this is the gamescom trailer, finally a guardian trailer. In looking at some of the scenes in it, it appears cyril is a leader (they show him on a throne?). I'm just stoked they finally came out with a guardian one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0JirfhEPhE&feature=player_embedded
    Awsome!!!! thx for the heads up Starseeker much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast