+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clearing the Air: Comic Book

Default Clearing the Air: Comic Book

As many have pointed out, the comic book we published was put out before the game was released, and thus some lore still found its way into revision afterward. However, as the comic book illustrates a key moment in the recent history of our games, I want you guys to be able to trust almost all of what you read there by laying out, carefully, which details have changed:

The basic timeline of 80 years vs 20 years. The Ward was broken by Aedraxis 20 years ago.

The Shadowlands no longer have anything to do with Defiant resurrection. Orphiel resurrects Asha in the Eth Life Factory he uncovers in Freemarch, not in the Shadowlands. Orphiel's connection to Asha now falls back to when Asha, Zareph, and Aedraxis were all young in the Court of Mathos, and he was a tutor. Orphiel is no longer a part of the Dragonslayer Covenant.

The Ward is pierced by Aedraxis using tech build by Orphiel rather than calling on the power of Regulos. The tension between Cyril and Orphiel has somewhat more obvious origins now.
    Last edited by Gill; 03-14-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Default awesome!

Thanks for the insight. I will add this to help clean up the Shadow Lands Lore FAQ

Thanks for all you do for us, LM!
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

I'm going to bookmark this somewhere safe, so that two years from now when someone is all "But the comic says!" I can just send them here.

Thanks Miss Doomcookie

Thank you!

Is their any plan for an eventual release of the comic as a standalone for those of us unlucky enough to not get the physical CE?

empyrean: The comics were released one by one leading up to release. So, they exist out there without being in the CE. I bet you can still buy them from online comic retailers. It will probably depend on the demand.
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

You can also get it digitally if you are one of those tablet types.

You can also order the full series in one graphic novel, like what comes with the CE. I got mine from amazon a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Telara-Chronic...0221289&sr=8-1

TY, TY. This helps alot with the questions I was having!

You rock missdoomcookie!

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Orphiel is no longer a part of the Dragonslayer Covenant.
    Do you mean he never was, or that in the current time line, he is no longer a member?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiraZeev View Post
    Do you mean he never was, or that in the current time line, he is no longer a member?
    I'm pretty sure he never was.
    Ambassador of the Ascendant Vigilance Guardian faction, Shadefallen Shard

"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."
    - The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia, chapter 47 (by Samuel Johnson)

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    The Ward is pierced by Aedraxis using tech build by Orphiel rather than calling on the power of Regulos. The tension between Cyril and Orphiel has somewhat more obvious origins now.
    I find it sad that he takes so much blame for this. Orphiel thought he was helping his country, and knew nothing of Aedraxis' plans to pierce the veil. Though, considering the things I've read about him lately, I'm beginning to wonder about him...

REPORT: The Master stands at his tower window for hours at a time. Mutterings included the following: “I must perfect Ascension. Could I even assign it to a living mortal? Test it on myself, of course…”
    Last edited by Skryth; 03-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZiraZeev View Post
    She means in the current launch lore ... he no longer is.
    In the old lore he was the leader of the Dragon Slayers at one time.

*RIFTLore has a new URL*
    Link in SIG
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ainilome View Post
    You can also order the full series in one graphic novel, like what comes with the CE. I got mine from amazon a few days ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Telara-Chronic...0221289&sr=8-1
    Thanks just ordered this ;)

That's cool. The book was still fantastic, though.
    Please, WoW fanboys, stop crying!!!!!

You really need to make more graphic novels for Rift.

You clearly still have ties to DC as there's an End of Nations comic now (no Defiance though which makes WAY more sense), so I imagine you still could. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast