+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Damn you lore! You're getting in the way of the character I want to play!

Angry Damn you lore! You're getting in the way of the character I want to play!

I know the Dwarves are part of the Guardians but everything I want my character to be and play as is Defiant. But I want to be a Dwarf! Even in the Telarian history of Dwarves some could be Defiant!

The Dwarves are a fallen people now. Without a homeland, they wandered for many years, taking shelter with the Mathosians, Elves, and even the Eth, as few towns would turn away a dwarven craftsman looking for a home.
    and even the Eth!!!

Why can't I be one of those Dwarves?! Arrrghhhhh!
    Last edited by jordanneff; 12-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.

For awesome Rift wallpapers go here and here!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanneff View Post
    I know the Dwarves are part of the Guardians but everything I want my character to be and play as is Defiant. But I want to be a Dwarf! Even in the Telarian history of Dwarves some could be Defiant!

and even the Eth!!!

gameplay mechanics!=Lore
    Last edited by tro44; 12-11-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    gameplay mechanics!=Lore
    I know, I just wish they followed them more closely. Don't mind me, I'm just venting that it's not possible to be a defiant dwarf.

I know, I just wish they followed them more closely. Don't mind me, I'm just venting that it's not possible to be a defiant dwarf.
    You can be. In your minddddddddd.

Um, anyway, if you have beta, the Guardian side should be opening up soon. Try the dwarf and see if it works!

Rift Master

You can be a very short Eth and pretend your mother was a drinker, so you ended up like that - beardless and skinny..

yeah it makes no sense, the defiants were once guardians 'if im correct or somethin" i think if it is so, both factions should have access to all races or something, cant be that all of them converted, or didnt. Unless im missing somethin here

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Qasim View Post
    yeah it makes no sense, the defiants were once guardians 'if im correct or somethin" i think if it is so, both factions should have access to all races or something, cant be that all of them converted, or didnt. Unless im missing somethin here
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I mean I can understand if the majority of one race goes one way or the other, but there still has to be a minority of the race who disagrees, statistically speaking anyway. Look at us humans, we can't even all agree that the earth is round!

I mean, I kind of understand the races being limited to the factions, but still it just doesn't make that much logical sense that you couldn't be a rebel amongst your race.

yeah, they need to learn how to make a lore, that fits the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Qasim View Post
    No they were not. The Eth were always at opposition with anything the Guardians stand for. The Kelari naturally don't align with it, and the Bahmi both stand with the Eth, and are rejected by the Guardians for what they are and the role they've played with the Eth (I think). It doesn't exactly have to do with 'conversion'.

and even the Eth!!!

Bro. Be Guardian. Guardian4life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

If i were you i'd just be a guardian, being that about 65% i'd guess are gonna be defiant already. I'll need more peeps to gank!

What about your character prevents them from being a Guardian? Dwarves are industrious and clever. Too clever sometimes as you will see when you get to their major delve. Are your guild mates going defiant? Or is there a character trait you want to role play that prevents you from choosing the side of the mighty?

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    What about your character prevents them from being a Guardian? Dwarves are industrious and clever. Too clever sometimes as you will see when you get to their major delve. Are your guild mates going defiant? Or is there a character trait you want to role play that prevents you from choosing the side of the mighty?
    This is absolute win, you have a problem and someone from the rift hamster squad actually replies. Nothing constructive to add but I'm just amazed by continuous interaction even after the busy beta weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    This is true, it's just when I first read of the Guardian and Defiant faction I found myself more aligned with the Defiant, but I suppose in the end you can't get much better than a Dwarf with the power of the Gods on his side.

This is true, it's just when I first read of the Guardian and Defiant faction I found myself more aligned with the Defiant, but I suppose in the end you can't get much better than a Dwarf with the power of the Gods on his side.
    Out of curiosity, did it have anything to do with any real world biases towards the thought of theism?

I have read on other forums, that quite a few, due to the conditioning of liberal societies and secularism, have been trained to be repulsed by any form of theism, even if it is fictional. That some can only feel comfortable opposing any sort of religious group, even if its in a game with gods and such.

Its kind of sad really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast