+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Your Lore Team!

Default Introducing Your Lore Team!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and Nick (captaincursor) to our lore community.

My name is Morgan, and I am the Lore Lead for the Defiants, and together with Nick, the Lore Lead for the Guardians (also known as smiling bald guy from E3), we are your lore team here on Rift. Hyah!

I got my start as a newbie designer working on Vanguard's diplomacy system. In that role I ended up writing a lot of lore for Vanguard, but did not have a formal role in it until I took over for (and worked with, before he left) Tony Garcia (Vhalen) writing lore for Everquest II. So as you might have guessed, I have a passion for it, and am very happy to be doing it here on Rift.

What else can I say to introduce myself... My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chip!

I think we have built a rich world you'll be dying to explore. Obviously, since we're still releasing info, Nick and I won't be able to answer most questions you have, but we can probably pop in and offer an insight or two. I'm glad to see there are already people who are passionate about this game's story. We shall endeavor to live up to your expectations, or prepare for hari kari* if we do not!

Nick and I are both going to be in the IRC chat this Friday at 11:00am PST. I hope to see you there.

( *Offer not valid in 49 of 50 states. Offer may only be redeemed in Alaska, in December, on a Tuesday, at the exact time at which a baby sneezes for the very first time.)
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

see you friday!

BlogTwitterDev TrackerWikiSurvey
    ◄▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬►

Very excited to talk with you soon. I am a lore nut and am looking forward to meeting you.

Nice to meet you, looking forward to chatting soon!

Cool...Lorehounds! Can't wait to hear more about the backstory on this game.

Mint chip? It's all right.. Rocky Road is the best!

Can you rub Nick's head for me? Thanks in advance

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie
    Nick and I are both going to be in the IRC chat this Friday at 11:00am PST. I hope to see you there.
    I am looking forward to it. I have very high standards when it comes to the quality of fantasy writing, both in terms of originality and technique. I hope that you, Nick, and the rest of the writers will be able to impress us all.

Oh, I also hope that you poach the Tome of Knowledge, or something like it, from Warhammer Online. That was the best system for showcasing the lore of an MMORPG yet.

Prophet of Telara

Woot, and we have contact. I love your style of writing Morgan. Even your forum posts make me want to read more.

I too love mint choc chip and I think the Defiant storyline is engrossing.

Ever had a Mint Feast? Doubt you can get it in the US but Marks and Spencers clotted cream mint choc ice cream is like heaven and hell rolled together in to one.

I loved the EQ2 lore too (don't worry I won't stalk). Can you say which bits you had a hand in?

Welcome Morgan and Nick!
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

Lore is a very important aspect for playability of any game in my opinion. I'll endeavor to be there on Friday, have a few insights I want to explore
    Last edited by Paradosi; 06-29-2010 at 10:36 PM.

I'm just gonna say now, I take no responsibility for any of my future actions which may or may not constitute stalking. You're already my favorite, and not just because you have the best username ever (I mean, really, what could be better than missdoomcookie?). I'm a lore fanatic, and I'm definitely Defiant. Sorry Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    Oh, I also hope that you poach the Tome of Knowledge, or something like it, from Warhammer Online. That was the best system for showcasing the lore of an MMORPG yet.
    i definitely agree with this.. please poach the Tome of Knowledge from WaR, i remember times when i played WaR that i would get caught up just flipping through the pages of that Tome for hours at a time just reading up on all the stories in there about how Destruction got to where it was with Order....
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    I'm just gonna say now, I take no responsibility for any of my future actions which may or may not constitute stalking. You're already my favorite, and not just because you have the best username ever (I mean, really, what could be better than missdoomcookie?). I'm a lore fanatic, and I'm definitely Defiant. Sorry Nick.
    Hey, I'm first in line Raevin...and I mentioned choc chip ice cream...

Beat that...though as you're American you can direct Morgan to the stuff on her doorstep. Hmmm.

/em wonders if ice cream posts.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

Looking forward to see you in IRC at friday

Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post

( *Offer not valid in 49 of 50 states. Offer may only be redeemed in Alaska, in December, on a Tuesday, at the exact time at which a baby sneezes for the very first time.)
    Might be more common than you think... I would add: And the temperature is above 10 degrees Celsius;)
    Last edited by SG_01; 06-30-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Like a lot of others here, Lore is so important to my game playing. To me, not having good writers on board, would make a game so blah. So glad you are here. Hope to be there Friday.

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago."
    - Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast