+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epic just Epic

Default Epic just Epic

ive been re-reading the Lore behind the souls, and im just at awe.
    its good to relate a certain class to a hero of past events you can connect with.
    Trion has done a great job with each souls history Big Grats Trion.

Default Rift Novel?

Was curious if there were any plans for a series of novels based upon the triumphs of fallen heroes of the past. i would def purchase every single one . not to mention that would make 36 books and keep me reading for atleast a year =).

i mean come on who dosnt want an entire novel based on the beginnings of their chosen soul!?

Rift Master

It's a great idea, but I think they could've made it so much better. You don't really feel attached to your character. They should've made each Soul collection quest to be played through the eyes of one of the few fallen original heroes. It's their souls that we're getting right? And each of those guys took part in the downfall of one of the Dragon Gods.

So why not make it so you actually play as the original Pyromancer, in a sort of a flashback of the last battle agains the Bloodstorm when they were sealed and the Ward was created? That would've been so awesome.

I give the soul lore +3.. I think Trion rolled +20 on these rofl

http://www.enjin.com/rift-signature-generator
    ***It is not easy being so forgiving***

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    It's a great idea, but I think they could've made it so much better. You don't really feel attached to your character. They should've made each Soul collection quest to be played through the eyes of one of the few fallen original heroes. It's their souls that we're getting right? And each of those guys took part in the downfall of one of the Dragon Gods.

So why not make it so you actually play as the original Pyromancer, in a sort of a flashback of the last battle agains the Bloodstorm when they were sealed and the Ward was created? That would've been so awesome.
    Yeah what happens when you have two people choose the same soul. If Stargate SG-1 Quantum physics has taught me anything they can not exist in the same plane!

I CALL SHENANIGANS!
    Last edited by Puremallace; 12-17-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Ghost Writer in the Sky Foxcalibur's Avatar

My personal faves are the Shaman and Assassin.

We're all cylons.

I'm ambivalent towards the soul lore. It's strange to me that I have to use other people's souls to be powerful. Don't I have my own soul? Wasn't I resurrected for a reason? If Ascended are only defined by other people's souls, then couldn't any old schmuck be pulled out of the soulstream and made an Ascended? If so, why are the Defiant in Terminus picking only the best to bring back to life?

Shadowlander

I think only certain people are able to attune other souls, so they are the ones getting picked. If an average person had three different souls(plus their own) bouncing around inside, I think they'd go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by brento73 View Post
    I think only certain people are able to attune other souls, so they are the ones getting picked. If an average person had three different souls(plus their own) bouncing around inside, I think they'd go nuts.
    Hmm, but what gives a person that ability? Why wouldn't a farmhand, say, or an innkeeper possess that ability? Listening to the Guardian trailer, it sounds like all of them are Ascended because of their "might, brilliance, and ruthlessness."
    Last edited by EtherCrux; 01-13-2011 at 02:09 PM.

I don't believe we're soul suckers, I believe we simply learn from the souls of the original classes.

How can more than one person own one person's soul? That's why that definition just doesn't work for me.
    I am willing to suspend my disbelief, but please don't ask me to hang it by the neck until dead.

+ Reply to Thread