+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Orphiel Mathosian or Eth?

Default Is Orphiel Mathosian or Eth?

Just curious if anyone knows the answer.

I see now why Asha is an Eth , though it seems that not all the Eth were outcasts from Mathosian society (her family were very well known) before the split between the Defiant and the Guardians...

But Orphiel - I have no idea what he is. Anyone know?

I have a feeling the answer lies in here. I just can't sort it.
    I don't think he's Eth tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Dragonslayer_Covenant
    The Dragonslayer Covenant was formed as an order of Telarans primarily Eth and Bahmi sworn to keeping watch over the Dragon Cults and preventing the Blood Storm Lords' release. Given the Covenant's embrace of Eth technology, none of the Vigils devoted races joined their initial ranks. The Covenant were the ones who discovered that the Mathosian prince, Aedraxis Mathos, had been consorting with members of the Endless Court.[1]

During the Mathosian Civil War, the Dragonslayers lost many of their greatest, including Orphiel's envoy, Asha Catari, who died battling alongside Zareph and his generals. After this devastating loss, Orphiel took his remaining followers and took then to join the survivors at Port Scion.[1]

I make pretty pictures from things.

If he's human, and not Eth, I think that makes him Mathosian. But, he is not an ascended soul, so this should not be surprising. He is a mage and a scientist, and very much allied with, and a part of, the Defiant.
    Last edited by Sinistrad; 12-10-2010 at 02:11 AM.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrad View Post
    If he's human, and not Eth, I think that makes him Mathosian. But, he is not an ascended soul, so this should not be surprising. He is a mage and a scientist, and very much allied with, and a part of, the Defiant.
    He formed it. He's the leader figure. Hmm...

Ok, we have the Eth, the Mathosians, and the various factions/groups around Telara in one way or the other. What if Orphiel is outside of that? Some outsider (since human tribes did spread out) that has arrived for some nefarious purpose , so Asha can defeat him and bring on a brighter Defiant? Just thinkin.

He's Zann.

Really.

I wish I knew, I want to say he's Eth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    He formed it. He's the leader figure. Hmm...

Ok, we have the Eth, the Mathosians, and the various factions/groups around Telara in one way or the other. What if Orphiel is outside of that? Some outsider (since human tribes did spread out) that has arrived for some nefarious purpose , so Asha can defeat him and bring on a brighter Defiant? Just thinkin.
    What? No way! Orphiel is awesome. He made Asha. :P

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

What? No way! Orphiel is awesome. He made Asha. :P
    Yeah we'll see about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Yeah we'll see about that.
    Whoops! I almost said something I'm not supposed to.

Grr. This discussion will have to continue later, then!

--H.P. Lovecraft

Rift Master

Whoops! I almost said something I'm not supposed to.

Grr. This discussion will have to continue later, then!
    What's up with people being all "Oh, I know, I know... but NDA, so I won't tell you. Nope. But I know. Just won't tell."?

Yeah, there is a mystery about Orphiel that was spoken of in the Terminus, but I'm sure we won't actually find out anything about it. So whatever. After all, Terminus was created just a while ago, and Orphiel was present in Shadowlands, so he's no "evil desguised cultist".

He's one of the ticked off, jealous, non worshiped gods of the Vigil.

Like... duh!!!

((kidding... I dunno. hehe))

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    What's up with people being all "Oh, I know, I know... but NDA, so I won't tell you. Nope. But I know. Just won't tell."?

Yeah, there is a mystery about Orphiel that was spoken of in the Terminus, but I'm sure we won't actually find out anything about it. So whatever. After all, Terminus was created just a while ago, and Orphiel was present in Shadowlands, so he's no "evil desguised cultist".
    Who said anything about Terminus or Shadowlands? Anyway, I'm just saying that the starting zones can have whatever they need to introduce the player to Telara, but there is little stopping the writers from actually advancing the story and characterization other than gameplay concerns. And as for MMOs, the more enemies from lore characters the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Aieru View Post
    He's one of the ticked off, jealous, non worshiped gods of the Vigil.

Like... duh!!!

((kidding... I dunno. hehe))
    That'd be weird. Asha, go kick his ***! (with remorse! I know he helped you.. :'( )
    Last edited by Maeloda; 12-11-2010 at 03:21 AM.

there is definitely something more up with Orphiel... he may be an ascended, a vessel of a god, or something else entirely, but he doesn't seem like a mere mortal.

Also, it's hard to say if he is Mathosian or Eth from what I've read, but his society he started did primarily appeal to Eth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethias View Post
    there is definitely something more up with Orphiel... he may be an ascended, a vessel of a god, or something else entirely, but he doesn't seem like a mere mortal.

Also, it's hard to say if he is Mathosian or Eth from what I've read, but his society he started did primarily appeal to Eth.
    He doesn't look like he has any of their features.

He's Eth, he can't be Bhami. The Dragonslayer covenant was composed of mainly these two races; there's a very small chance he is another race though. But he is more likely to be Eth.
    Last edited by xaed; 12-11-2010 at 02:29 PM.

He's a Prince of Amber who shadow walked into Telara!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast