+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Timeline!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Okay, clarification needed here.

The original post says Port Scion fell one year prior to present day (present day being game launch, now four years in the past).

Elsewhere, CC told me that PS fell one year after the slaying of Aedraxis/banishment of Regulos at Thedeor Field.

Can we get an official lore ruling on which is right? Because this makes an 18-year difference in who was in control of Port Scion.

For the former, it means that Zareph only died a year before present day (read: game launch), which means he would have been the king of Mathosia since Aedraxis/Regulos had been slain/banished by the Guardians. For the latter, it means Alsbeth and the Endless Court have been successfully holding the place against the divided Guardians and Defiants.

For that matter, if I might nag/beg (choose one) MissDoomCookie and CaptainCursor to PLEASE revisit this and provide us the 'something more fancy and specific' that they'd first mentioned?
    Many things don't stick together.
    Older things most.
    Miss Doocookie said the Eth fall (Convocation) 500 years ago... but the instables books tell us Ghar came in the plane of water before Convocation... and in the NT Saga Orphiel says this is 1000 years old...
    So this means there's a 500 years gap here...
    Or "1000 years" is an approximation widely used by the NPC, because in Dusken quests also tell us the humans there hide from Regulos' servants for 1000 years...

I would be happy to have some revisited information about this, because it is very difficult to put stories together without chronologic information.
    So please CC, could you give datation for:
    -arrival of the bloodstorm
    -creation of the Ward
    -Convocation
    These 3 would greatly help.

For the Zareph and Port Scion thing, original timeline was not challenged for what I know, Zareph lead the survivors of the Shadow in Port Scion, the city was made a bastion and from there they fought the planar invaders. So Zareph was not king of Mathosia, because the kingdom was no more, but he was the ruler in Port Scion, with original Guardian Ascended and also Alsbeth and Orphiel at his side.
    Alsbeth betrayed him one year before the beginning of the game.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar)

Rift Master

An old post from miss Doomcookie in 2011 I found in my archives

Zareph did later allow Orphiel in to help them fight in Port Scion, and allowed him to try to use technology for good. The world was devastated, and all allies in a hard time are needed. Zareph saw technology as a tool. It is the intent behind it that makes it good or evil. And so he gave Orphiel a chance to atone for past crimes. When it was Asha Catari, his dearest friend, who was the first person brought back by Defiant machines, its potential for good seemed apparent. Cyril might say it was a lapse in judgment on Zareph's part, but Defiants see him as a model of Mathosian rationalism. Wink

As long as I'm at it, I know there is some confusion over the timeline. Those who have played the newbie experience on the Guardian side know that it has been 20 years since the Mathosian Civil War and the Ward was broken, and I want to confirm that as the time. Not 80 or 60, or the other numbers that have been floating around. It's also been one year since Port Scion fell and the Defiants and Guardians officially split off from each other.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8