+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Thread: Feeling Lucky? Achievement - I don't get it, why

Default Feeling Lucky? Achievement - I don't get it, why

Was sifting through achievements to see if I could find some I can easily complete. Came across Feeling Lucky? (Fortune Biscuits). So I made 10 of them, then 25, then 50, surely 100 is where it stops right?!

Anyway having wasted about 300 plat for some stupid achievement I realized it didn't stop at 100, so I went seeking googles advise to see when this misery would end.

5000!!!!!

Sugar costs 5 plat each, so that's 25k plat

Please tell me there's some logical reason to completing this achievement?! 25k plat to get a title? Am I wrong? Please say I'm wrong? Was this an incredibly sick joke played by Trion? I actually don't find it funny, it actually makes me angry. Because there are achievement hunters out there who would actually do this achievement. Trion screwed these guys, but at the same time if they chose to do it, they kinda deserve the punishment. So pathetic on both parties. I don't understand why I'm so angry about this, but I am. Someone take the stress away and tell me there was a much easier cheaper way of doing this achievement, please tell me.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-07-2018 at 04:06 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

It was implemented when people were asking for plat sinks together with the 30,000p mount iirc. It was also previously 100k plat and now nerfed to 25k. It's a pure fluff achievement and is only for achievement hunters who care about their score tbh.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Thanks for the confirmation. Pretty depressing nevertheless.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. Pretty depressing nevertheless.
    I kinda agree with you. It is a crafting achievement and to spend that much money is an insane amount.. Perhaps they could decrease the cost of sugar to 1 plat per. Not sure, but seems far more reasonable lol.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    I kinda agree with you. It is a crafting achievement and to spend that much money is an insane amount.. Perhaps they could decrease the cost of sugar to 1 plat per. Not sure, but seems far more reasonable lol.
    I think that wouldn't be a very fair change for those who paid 25-100k for 'only that achievement or title', as it would completely devalue the achievement compared to the original state.

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I think that wouldn't be a very fair change for those who paid 25-100k for 'only that achievement or title', as it would completely devalue the achievement compared to the original state.
    They have done this type of thing before in Toks, whereas it took months on end to gather all the stuff to get those achievements done, then all of a sudden they pop up on the vendor in toks to purchase.. not fair at all to those who spent 6 months farming.

Same thing.
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

They have done this type of thing before in Toks, whereas it took months on end to gather all the stuff to get those achievements done, then all of a sudden they pop up on the vendor in toks to purchase.. not fair at all to those who spent 6 months farming.

Same thing.
    Well the achievement already received a 75% nerf and even more because the Plat value shrinks with every expansion. Now you're asking for a 95%+ nerf from the original state.

Don't get me wrong, nerfing older stuff over time is okay, but there is no need to completely devalue those achievements. Tok for sure didn't get a 95% nerf, I just recently finished it and was working on it for months too. They made it a little bit more accessible with the Tok page vendor (expensive tho) and the Scoria lures, yes, but it's still very time consuming and a huge accomplishment in the game.

This achievement is intended as a plat sink, got a 75% nerf already AND nerfs itself automatically over time due to inflation. I don't think that there should be more nerf to it.

Maybe you haven't finished this one yet, but imagine Trion would nerf all those old 'kill x amount' achievements or collect 'y' that you already finished by 95%. Wouldn't that feel like a slap in the face?

Achievement hunting isn't about getting everything easy, cheap and instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Well the achievement already received a 75% nerf and even more because the Plat value shrinks with every expansion. Now you're asking for a 95%+ nerf from the original state.

Don't get me wrong, nerfing older stuff over time is okay, but there is no need to completely devalue those achievements. Tok for sure didn't get a 95% nerf, I just recently finished it and was working on it for months too. They made it a little bit more accessible with the Tok page vendor (expensive tho) and the Scoria lures, yes, but it's still very time consuming and a huge accomplishment in the game.

This achievement is intended as a plat sink, got a 75% nerf already AND nerfs itself automatically over time due to inflation. I don't think that there should be more nerf to it.

Maybe you haven't finished this one yet, but imagine Trion would nerf all those old 'kill x amount' achievements or collect 'y' that you already finished by 95%. Wouldn't that feel like a slap in the face?

Achievement hunting isn't about getting everything easy, cheap and instantly.
    Didn't know actually until after I had written my reply that it had already been nerfed first off all, so yea perhaps maybe not then, or perhaps only slightly. I have completed almost every achievement in the game (other than pvp stuff) and i had finished toks a long, long time ago, and that nerf to being able to buy the puzzles pieces was much, much larger than this nerf, since that took months to find all 6 pieces for me and many others. The time spent to randomly collect artis all day for months and months is far worse of an investment imo

Don't get me started on the Cadwelli pieces. If they hadn't put those in the Toks shop, I probably would have quite the game. No game should make a drop rate that low. It's insulting. Particularly as the drop rate for those puzzle pieces got lower and lower the more you picked up. And the rewards weren't just an achievement, there were loads available!

Personally game companies have a responsibility not to exploit peoples vulnerabilities and OCD's, by putting these insane achievements in the game. The puzzle pieces, were brain distressingly dull, repetitive and unhealthy. But that rant is for another day.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-09-2018 at 02:23 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

That really is a plat sink. I have spend lots of plat on Callweddi achiev but that achiev actually had content.

I don't think getting those puzzle pieces is as hard as you are suggesting. Definitely not months. I have found the first four epic pieces myself and bought the last two. So finding all should take about 2.5 the time I spent, because the last two are harder to find.
    Based on my experiece that would be weeks of farming or some days/one week of hardcore farming. Maybe I was lucky, but it definitely doesn't take months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    That really is a plat sink. I have spend lots of plat on Callweddi achiev but that achiev actually had content.

I don't think getting those puzzle pieces is as hard as you are suggesting. Definitely not months. I have found the first four epic pieces myself and bought the last two. So finding all should take about 2.5 the time I spent, because the last two are harder to find.
    Based on my experiece that would be weeks of farming or some days/one week of hardcore farming. Maybe I was lucky, but it definitely doesn't take months.
    I spoke with a lot of people working on those who spent months on end getting them.. It is very random, but then again it is not random if you know some of the spots that are epic+. However, saying it should only take a couple months, is just not accurate.

Rift Disciple

I spoke with a lot of people working on those who spent months on end getting them.. It is very random, but then again it is not random if you know some of the spots that are epic+. However, saying it should only take a couple months, is just not accurate.
    I am not sure if going for epics is that great for pieces. I hunted epics, because well you get epic artifacts too. Epics are often on hard to reach locations and you lose a lot of time travelling from one epic location to another. I picked up lots of regular artifacts while travelling and I think most pieces were from regular spots. On top of that most epic locations are empty.

Telaran

ofc yours truly here got it done BEFORE nerf and i have lost 1000's of cheevo points to legacies and other trion nerfs. even with 217 legacies i got 43,440 cheevo points dunno how that is worldwise but with total points at 43,910 im only missing 470 points total. Tok complete 2/17/2017 Calweddi complete 1/18/2016

NO MORE CHEEVO NERFS PLEASE UNLEES U GET RID OF THAT USELESS WARFRONT BRONZE TOMB
    Last edited by Hagina; 08-29-2018 at 01:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread