+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By thunder 1
  • 1 Post By Squirrel69

Thread: Chronicle Rare not coming up

Default Chronicle Rare not coming up

I have been doing The Rhen of Fate chronicle most days for about a month to do achievement Go Go Gormotro. I have a macro set up to find Gormotro but his not coming up.
    Can the Dev's check that it isn't bugged please.
    Also in that time I have been collecting the artifact sets for achievements and at this rate it will take a year to get as the same ones seem to always drop. Very few Twisted as well. One on a pillar was in possible to get as it was to high with nothing near to jump on it.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Disciple

He does appears. Heís a rare mob just like others in the chronicles, he usually appears near Dreaknoth (sp?).

As for the pillar, is a chain connect to it? Try to jump on the chain and get to the artifact. Threre are pillars with chains connnect to the big jellyfish guy. I canít remember his name, itís been a while ;p (Note: if you kill the big guy before getting the artifact, the chain will disappear.)
    Nereius@Faeblight

The rare does appear but it is very very rare, perhaps ultra rare. In about 350 runs through I saw the rare 1 time, Anyways the pillar where sometimes artifacts appear must be taken down a different way.

The pillar is always in the area of the first boss and as such you can tell before the fight starts if it is whole or broken up. In the event that the pillar is whole (very rarely) then you have to go through the mechanics of the fight and have the boss smash the pillar during the third phase, I think when it is at approx 30% of health.

If you remember the boss breaks its chains at this point in the fight and does a smash in front of him, at this point you want to move to the pillar and have the "boss smash" actually smash the pillar into pieces. After this you can nuke the boss and pick up the artifact off the ground.

I've seen only blue artifacts from this spawn point which sell for hundreds of plat, so going to all this trouble is definitely worth the time it takes. If you nuke the boss from 100 to 0 at the start of the fight when the pillar is up there is no way to reach the artifact on the pillar.

I suggest that you approach the fight in the following manner, if the pillar is smashed before the start of the fight simply nuke down the boss. If the pillar is whole with an artifact on it then use small single target abilities on boss to whittle down its health and go through the phases of the fight. Position yourself at the pillar when the boss smash comes up and then nuke the boss afterwards.

Good luck,

Thunder
    Last edited by thunder 1; 10-18-2017 at 05:09 AM.

ok thanks for info on artifact. Not sure I like info on rare being that rare
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    ok thanks for info on artifact. Not sure I like info on rare being that rare
    Took me three years to get it Mick and you know how much I play!
    Admiral Squirrel (Unofficial Guild Squirrel Recruitment Officer.)
    AKA:Foamysquirrel, Cptsquirrelsnuts, LTCsquirrelsnuts, Grievancequirrel, Santa Squirrel, and many more....

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel69 View Post
    Took me three years to get it Mick and you know how much I play!
    Only 3 years you say. I might need that because the artifacts Im picking up for achievements are always the same.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Just killed Gormotro, down in Finric's area easily visible.

+ Reply to Thread