+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Quest: Jetpack It up

Default Quest: Jetpack It up

So I've been chasing this quest line regarding the jetpack. I've done the leaping and collected all of the celesterium (I think that was the name). I head back to town and the quest NPC says it's time to build a shell. So off to an instance we go.

I tell him I'm ready and something starts to sparkle. No matter HOW fast I click on it, the process immediately fails. The pop up text tells me to activate an item that I don't see on the platform.

Every step of this quest so far has had a trick. It's been quickly obvious what the trick is, then it's just execution. But clearly I am missing something here.

Can anyone tell me what? How do I even get this step kicked off?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It's a game of memory, all the steps stay the same through out, once you do it a few times you will learn to 'anticipate' what's next and you'll be able to keep ahead of his announcements.

It's always the same sequence of which item to click next.

Di you have an addon blockning the objects?

I had gadgets raid frames just above my action bar. Even though only I were in the team it was some occassions were right clicking an object instead right clicked an invisible raid frame. It took a whilr to realize it was the addon blocking seeing as its "invisible" until the raid frame spots are filled.

For me switching raid frame location fixed the issue
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Soulwalker

Question can't got more "data received"

I'm at the point after where you got a problem of memory.
    We need 4000 * 4 sort of money called in my language "data recieved".
    I got only 214 of them right now ... how to get a lot of this sort of money ?????????????

Soulwalker

Default Quest: Jetpack It up

I got the pattern down until the end Trigger the particle Welder Now... Then it fasils

I got it proximity to the Welder...
    Last edited by Malacores; 07-22-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Shadowlander

Can be frustrating, but I found the sweet spot where with a slight move you can get to all the items.

Soulwalker

what ? you got all the items free ? how is it possible ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Plein View Post
    what ? you got all the items free ? how is it possible ?
    he means he found a spot (in the instance) where he can reach all the clicky thingies without having to move.

its not what you were thinking
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-23-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Plein View Post
    I'm at the point after where you got a problem of memory.
    We need 4000 * 4 sort of money called in my language "data recieved".
    I got only 214 of them right now ... how to get a lot of this sort of money ?????????????
    You're not supposed to farm that much right away. This quest is a long term one.

Soulwalker

Unhappy

A hopeless quest that breaks the brain. I've been doing this for four days, and I can not finish it. I found 11 correct moves, but he does not go any further ...

Rift Disciple

Default It's more frustration...

I spent an hour or two just trying to get through the laboratory sequence.

The 3 locks are the worst part for me. If you stand near the middle, you can reach them quicker but it does still take some moving. You have to curl around the middle object really quick and get to the last one without wandering off or striking the wrong piece in the laboratory by accident, and you have to do it multiple times.

There is not much room for error at all, and the whole thing is just demanding you put in a lot of time to commit the whole sequence to muscle memory. The further you get, the more you're supposed to memorize, you have to memorize each new step generally after failing the latest whole atempt and do it all again and again.

I was told to zoom the camera way out, but then my view went outside the blue rings and I couldn't see well (also not sure if the selector bumps into them instead of what you want to turn on).

Then if we ever get through this it's farming quests for how long?? All of this for a mount speed that's only 5% higher than the carnival mount.

To make matters worse, in the current event the level 70 seals cost as much as a squirrel, so it's one or the other on those also.

I'm about ready to say screw this, maybe buy stats from event and just wait for carnival. Population isn't all so high that being 20% slower than the rest of the vets is gimping the character all that terirbly. Still, it's super frustrating how this one was put together.
    Last edited by Stormytime; 07-30-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Soulwalker

haha i loved that quest, did it on 5 turn. No place for stupids in this world./joke

Good luck and have fun!

Rift Disciple

The game is complex enough generally that it's usually the one-liner bumpkins who are the real "stupids" just wanting to be paper tiger bullies from behind a screen somewhere. If it's not some crackpot claiming something they never even did. By the way, saying "joke" does not excuse being an ***.

Wait a while and maybe there will be Youtube tutorials (can't find one now), but it's not worth the bother to me as yet.
    Last edited by Stormytime; 07-30-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Default What is the pattern?

Can somebody list the pattern of things I need to click on to finish this quest?

Soulwalker

I have not managed to complete this one yet. The timer is ridiculously short. I figured out what I was expected to do and repeatedly failed to do it because of the short timer and some of the objects taking more than 1 click to register interaction (lag?). I became so bored with it I have no interest in completing it now. I am also angry that I wasted so much time on something so fruitless. Yet again Trion fails to realize that there is a difference between being challenged and being frustrated. One draws customers and makes us want to continue. The other sends us to other games. I did realize that if you jump on top of the center thing you can reach everything. Maybe that will help somebody do this quest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast