+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grrrrl
  • 1 Post By Bluejaye

Thread: Value of artifacts

Shadowlander

Default Value of artifacts

I'm wondering, are the gathering of artifacts worth the opportunity cost of selling them on auction? Thus far while leveling, the rewards I've been able to obtain do not seem that compelling. I don't know if the later game collections are worth it (I don't have a toon past level 50 yet).

Thanks!

Unstable blues and purples can go for hundreds of plat same with poision burning and nightmare shinies (those 3 are found in stonefield gloamwood-ok for under 50 and planetouched wilds -level 65 recommend)
    Otherwise most artis are worth their value in dream ribbons
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Carandrian View Post
    I'm wondering, are the gathering of artifacts worth the opportunity cost of selling them on auction? Thus far while leveling, the rewards I've been able to obtain do not seem that compelling. I don't know if the later game collections are worth it (I don't have a toon past level 50 yet).

Thanks!
    Efficiently gathering epic unstable artifacts was the most profitable activity in the game and is still very lucrative. Burning/Nightmare/Poison artifacts in Stonefield and Gloamwood sell for a lot.

Dream ribbons have fallen in price by quite a lot, but selling artifacts, especially rarer ones, can still make a fair bit of money.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-13-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Shadowlander

So it sounds like selling them are better than consuming them?

Thanks!

I normally sell anything i cannot collect again. Most artifacts go into 1 collection. Some in multiple.
    Depends if you want the collection reward. I collect them all as i work towards an achievement.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    I normally sell anything i cannot collect again. Most artifacts go into 1 collection. Some in multiple.
    Depends if you want the collection reward. I collect them all as i work towards an achievement.
    How and where do I sell items I find? I'm new to the game and I keep throwing them away...

Sword of Telara

There will be an auctioneer NPC in every capital city.

Yes the auction house would be the best way to go. It will show its trending price and give you the option to undercut any currently on the market (muahahahahah)

RETIRED

If you're new enough to the game that you can't sell on the auction house you'll need to invest $5 (or more) to get credits. Alternatively, you can make enough platinum to buy a REX, which will also open up the auction house due to the loyalty gain.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread