+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Building a New Event Tracker

Default Building a New Event Tracker

Hey Everyone,
    As some of you know Gaiscioch is all about community & providing information and knowledge to the community at large. Thanks to the people behind Yaret Event Tracker sharing their knowledge Ive managed to build a event tracker with a slightly different purpose.

The Gaiscioch RIFT Event Tracker
    http://gsch.info/riftinvasions
    This event tracker will be improved over time but serves as a event watcher to call out important events like the spawn of Volan, quest linked invasions, fortress sieges, or the other lures you can buy in the rift store.

The next step is to separate them out by continent and eventually create a master list of all the zone invasions where we can post screenshots, guides, and discussions about each of them.

Additionally my hope is that i can ensure that this tracker will be available to you all until it is no longer served through the api.

PS ive removed the unstable invasions because honestly i just dont like them. They seem more like troll invasion than anything.

Looking nice already!
    cant wait for it getting updated!

Tho think (well you might be lol), main prio should be setting their timers,
    not seeing when will each event go down messes it a bit up in terms of, well,
    know knowing when it is going down and the fact you might get there when it is finishing, not knowing so
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 01-29-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Looking nice already!
    cant wait for it getting updated!

Tho think (well you might be lol), main prio should be setting their timers,
    not seeing when will each event go down messes it a bit up in terms of, well,
    know knowing when it is going down and the fact you might get there when it is finishing, not knowing so
    Yeah the time field is a bit foreign to me. I tried translating it to an actual time but didnt get a time that was readable. Im sure its one of the common formats just gotta figure out which. Ill have it showing sooner or later.

So what's the advantage over the other trackers?
    The time is the standard format, seconds since Jan 1 1970 00:00.
    For example, 1485406370:
    Code:
    root@tarkin:~# TZ="America/Chicago" date -d@1485406370
    Wed Jan 25 22:52:50 CST 2017

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    For example, 1485406370:
    Code:
    Wow forbidden i was hoping not to have to bother you thanks again for sharing what you know. Yaret has been my go to place and inspiration since we came back.

What differs from other trackers?
    Highlighting important events. Havent seen that done. Also its a refined list that takes out seastone and the unstable events. Long term plan is yo provide a social platform and information repository on these events so people can leave comments, guides and screenshots about them.

Plus Gaiscioch isnt going anywhere. Our Warhammer Online guides are still online and used by people playing Return to Reckoning. If ive noticed anything in the 4 year break we took its that a lot of content surounding rift is disappearing from the web and i wanted to provide a place that wont disappear.

As long as im alive Gaiscioch and our content will bee available to all.
    Last edited by Foghladha; 01-29-2017 at 11:11 AM.

It's fine, I don't mind the competition

I do want to note that YARET does highlight important events though. I don't highlight Volan anymore, but I do fortress sieges and others and I allow hiding Seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    For example, 1485406370:
    Code:
    Musta been working in it too late last night. I did everything but try date ('Y-m-d H:i:s", $time); i was too hung up on the strtotime () lol. Im having a /0 moment.

I also plan to link it to our zone guide section which lists nodes and artifacts and special locations of puzzles and treasures and rare mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Foghladha View Post
    Wow forbidden i was hoping not to have to bother you thanks again for sharing what you know. Yaret has been my go to place and inspiration since we came back.

What differs from other trackers?
    Highlighting important events. Havent seen that done. Also its a refined list that takes out seastone and the unstable events. Long term plan is yo provide a social platform and information repository on these events so people can leave comments, guides and screenshots about them.

Plus Gaiscioch isnt going anywhere. Our Warhammer Online guides are still online and used by people playing Return to Reckoning. If ive noticed anything in the 4 year break we took its that a lot of content surounding rift is disappearing from the web and i wanted to provide a place that wont disappear.

As long as im alive Gaiscioch and our content will bee available to all.
    Well then... "Fad saol agat!"

Default Looks very good so far...

Your site is already looking fantastic, I've bookmarked your page for easy accessability.

Welcome back, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming contest.

Thunder

Here's an idea to elevate your tracker above the rest: put the element/s of the zone event in a column if it's applicable. Achievement hunters that are trying to put down invasions, rifts and especially footholds of a specific element would greatly appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Here's an idea to elevate your tracker above the rest: put the element/s of the zone event in a column if it's applicable. Achievement hunters that are trying to put down invasions, rifts and especially footholds of a specific element would greatly appreciate that.
    Thats a great idea. Just need to employ some humans to help code them correctly. The api doesnt share that info with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Foghladha View Post
    Thats a great idea. Just need to employ some humans to help code them correctly. The api doesnt share that info with us.
    The names of the events are element specific.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-30-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Got it in place. Just need to flag each of them the correct element now.

We've got most of the ones my system has tracked so far into the system. We'll keep updating them as more appear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast