+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.7 Autumn Harvest Valzor Minion Chain Questline Guide

Default 3.7 Autumn Harvest Valzor Minion Chain Questline Guide

Purchase Minion Card: Valzor to unlock the questline.

====

5/15 - Take a tour of the scariest locales in Telara! (20)
    5/15 - It isn't too late to turn back! (10)
    5/15 - Who used to live here? Do their spirits still linger? (20)
    1 - Perhaps you should take shelter in this ancient church... (3)
    8 - This might be a long, sleepless night. (10)
    5/15 - Something goes BUMP in the night!
    8 - Baelnezum knows of scary places not confined to this world! (10) Baelnezum
    1 - Places where the realm of death breaks through into this world... (3)
    5/15 - And of the rumored Shadowlands beyond... (20)
    5/15 - The secret halls of the Storm Legion... (20)
    5/15 - The twisted shores of the Nightmare Tide... (20)
    8 - And other realms even stranger still! (10)
    8 - Sleilun prefers to take what he can and burns the rest! (10) Sleilun
    5/15 - Reveling in the hellscapes he leaves in his wake! (10)
    5/15 - Eventually nothing remains above but desolate wastes. (20)
    1 - While below, the flames are bent to darker ends! (3)
    5/15 - But let us take our lreave of this hellforge for one final destination... (10)
    8 - Gambahl never says a word but frequent sharpens those blades. (10) Gambahl
    5/15 - What horrors lurk in the runed caers of Stillmoor? (20)
    5/15 - Past the fields of the ancient dead... (10)
    5/15 - Are hidden the tombs of kings older still. (20)
    4h - Time to shake your fears and discover what treasures are hidden. (12)

Minions earned:
    Baelnezum - Death, Dimension
    Sleilun - Fire, Harvesting
    Gambah - Life, Death, Assassination +Attractor

When you receive the minions, in your bags the first two will have an epic border for quality. Upon collecting them, however, they are just rare. The last minion is the epic attractor.

===

This is also the last time I think I'm going to ever buy the minion card for a world event. They are seriously a waste of credits because the rewards from missions you get are completely sad and a waste. There is no reason for this at all anymore. The minions pre-Summerfest were awesome because you got so many of the items from the world event. Now? It's essentially non-existent. I think I received two costume items overall. I really think the dev(s) who handle these WE Minions should really reconsider how badly they've been changed. There needs to be incentive and right now, if you want the minion cards, that's it. So if you don't want to spend your credits: don't.

Edit: And I guess they didn't take feedback into consideration for this achievement. It will only unlock on the character you complete on and does not unlock on other characters (like Wardrobe collections, PA) upon login.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-14-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks for doing this again!

I know you said the rewards were poor, can you give some examples of what you are actually seeing from different mission length and success ratings?

Thanks

I shall RIFT no more forever.

General of Telara

You finish the chain by using the attracter minion to get a 4h adventure and that finishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    You finish the chain by using the attracter minion to get a 4h adventure and that finishes it.
    That is the worst implementation, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley393 View Post
    Thanks for doing this again!

I know you said the rewards were poor, can you give some examples of what you are actually seeing from different mission length and success ratings?

Thanks
    Two costume pieces and maybe 6 dimension items. A ****load (94) of Cthucken and a miniscule amount of Autumn Harvest Ambersap. So glad I have a lot of level 60 drinks for a level 65 character.

Out of of all missions done and costume/dimension only came from the 8hr. There's really no reason to do this for world event currency or a chance at world event costume items. It's really if you just want to get the minions + the achievement. Outside of that, the minion questlines are getting worse and worse with each event.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2016 at 08:43 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That is the worst implementation, ever.
    I didn't mind that. It is something different although just a small change. All the event minion chains are pretty much the same- you just spam the decks to finish in 10 min and this is very boring to me.

I would like to see them make more of a puzzle out of each one like the Tasuil chain. Have the story give hints that make sense to find the minions in the open world. Chain would only progress when you find each minion.

I guess I agree the rewards are bad? I would need to do more of the 4h adventures and see what they drop since it seems like they are only possible with the attracter now. You also need to consider the cost of the minion to factor what a good reward is. The minion costs about the same as one lockbox or costume item so its not like they can just drop those like crazy.

Thanks for the information. I bought every seasonal minion ever introduced since minions were added to the game until this past Summerfest when I skipped the minion for the fist time, based on the disappointed feedback of those who had purchased it. Sounds like the fun of event minions is dead. RIP another great part of the game ruined.

@Accol are you saying that you will only be able to get Harvest promotional 4hr missions if you have bought and completed the mission chain? Unlike every other previous holiday where ANYONE could get promotional missions whether they bought the special minion or not?
    Last edited by jkelley393; 10-12-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Really appreciate the guides you do.

General of Telara

@Accol are you saying that you will only be able to get Harvest promotional 4hr missions if you have bought and completed the mission chain? Unlike every other previous holiday where ANYONE could get promotional missions whether they bought the special minion or not?
    I am just guessing. At the very least 2 more can be added to the deck from the attractor minion from the chain. And they could be done all year long?

EDIT: its very possible I'm wrong and anyone can get them.
    Last edited by Accol; 10-12-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Ah, so the attractor minion attracts Harvest themed missions, not Assassination missions? Well, that's an interesting twist I suppose. There should be at least six normal Harvest themed missions in the four hour deck as well.

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here feverishly reloading News and Announcements waiting for Ocho's Autumn Harvest post...
    Last edited by jkelley393; 10-12-2016 at 09:14 AM.

General of Telara

Ah, so the attractor minion attracts Harvest themed missions, not Assassination missions? Well, that's an interesting twist I suppose. There should be at least six normal Harvest themed missions in the four hour deck as well.

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here feverishly reloading News and Announcements waiting for Ocho's Autumn Harvest post...
    Right. I don't think you can see the normal missions until the event starts while the minion can attract his two at anytime.

3.7 Autumn Harvest Valzor Minion Chain Questline Guide-2016-10-12_131359.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I didn't mind that. It is something different although just a small change. All the event minion chains are pretty much the same- you just spam the decks to finish in 10 min and this is very boring to me.

I would like to see them make more of a puzzle out of each one like the Tasuil chain. Have the story give hints that make sense to find the minions in the open world. Chain would only progress when you find each minion.

I guess I agree the rewards are bad? I would need to do more of the 4h adventures and see what they drop since it seems like they are only possible with the attracter now. You also need to consider the cost of the minion to factor what a good reward is. The minion costs about the same as one lockbox or costume item so its not like they can just drop those like crazy.
    It's a Minion questline. It shouldn't be convoluted or be different or have a puzzle to them. Being simple is fine here. Boring to you, is fine to other people especially since the minion system isn't even engaging in the first place.

And if the 4hr rewards from Summerfest are any indication of how they'll be for Autumn Harvest: Don't expect much. They nerfed them severely after Fae Yule 2015.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Telaran

If this is continuing with the precedent set by Summerfest, the premium adventures won't be rewarding blue marks this year. Ultimately not worth wasting adventurine on this close to Starfall's release.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the carnival minion chain, skipped the summerfest one. Guess I'll be skipping this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    P

This is also the last time I think I'm going to ever buy the minion card for a world event. They are seriously a waste of credits because the rewards from missions you get are completely sad and a waste. There is no reason for this at all anymore. The minions pre-Summerfest were awesome because you got so many of the items from the world event. Now? It's essentially non-existent. I think I received two costume items overall. I really think the dev(s) who handle these WE Minions should really reconsider how badly they've been changed. There needs to be incentive and right now, if you want the minion cards, that's it. So if you don't want to spend your credits: don't.

Edit: And I guess they didn't take feedback into consideration for this achievement. It will only unlock on the character you complete on and does not unlock on other characters (like Wardrobe collections, PA) upon login.
    I wish I had read all of this before I bought it. I was so excited for the items that come from the minions. If they are garbage now I think I will also just not buy the minion would rather spend my plat buying items off the ah then on a rex to get a minion. Hopefully I will remember this for Fae Yule
    Last edited by Kitasia; 10-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I wish I had read all of this before I bought it. I was so excited for the items that come from the minions. If they are garbage now I think I will also just not buy the minion would rather spend my plat buying items off the ah then on a rex to get a minion. Hopefully I will remember this for Fae Yule
    That's the unfortunate thing here because we really should be given a better chance at some neat rewards. I'm not talking about a WE trove in every 6-star. But at least give us WE non-BOA currency and more wardrobe, dimension, etc items.

It's a one-time questline so it's not like you can abuse the questline for the rewards. I will give Fae Yule 2016 a shot and hope that feedback from this and Summerfest can improve it.

The whole reason for the Minion questline before was a chance at Troves, wardrobe, dimensions, and the currency (non-BOA). Now.. yay I have almost 100 Cthucken....
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2016 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast