+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.7 Autumn Harvest Valzor Minion Chain Questline Guide

Shield of Telara

Thumbs up

Couple things....

I am as anti "PTW" as the next guy, but, and this is a big but. Credits(REX) can be bought on the cheap (not as cheap as they used to be but still fairly reasonable all things considered) for in game currency. Now the obvious straw man to that is SOMEONE paid real money for that so its still cost real money. Difference is the person who bought the REX did so voluntarily.

Minions are a free roll. They really cost nothing in the grand scheme. Although the one his year cant be bought for plat because its bound. But even so at the price you can still get the credits with in game currency, so it removes the AH option only.

The fact the offer ANY costume pieces at all should be good enough. Especially if there is a chance to get some of the credit only ones not just the ones you can but with the even tokens.

Theyre a mini game, and depending on how you use them and the RNG they can be a lucrative one. Some people just try and sell them on the AH outright. But there is a reason why people have multiple accounts running minion bots and thats the main reason for the aventurine hard cap being put in place.

Which as another aside. I have only spent 700 aventurine (for hurrying, I let one get past the first time marker and did an immediate on the other) and am current on this years and last years misions after maybe 90 minutes. The longest I waited for a 5/15 card was 3 turns. The initial card for this year was autoplaced on top of my 1 minute deck. So spending aventurine to shuffle is a complete waste. I have only had a single non misison card between this years 10 hr mission and the Who is going to cook the holiday roast? Haligan the Pyretouched from last year. I have those two cooking right now, and if I wanted to spend 900 aventurine more I would have the next link coming up very soon.

So the hard cap isnt going to effect the speed at which people get these event missions done one bit, unless of course they change the RNG which isnt beyond possibility. But I literally started both 2015 and 2016 missions around 2 hrs ago and am up to Who is going to cook the holiday roast? Haligan the Pyretouched from last year and This might be a long, sleepless night. from this year, granted I have more longer missions to go through for this year but even if I hurry all of the long ones to skip to the last one thats about 2k if you immediately hurry those 10 hr ones. Not to mention they award aventurine in the first place, so depending on RNG and stars you might get 50-500 aventurine as rewards for those missions.

Whether its credits, plat, aventurine, whatever people are usually willing to pay something to make something go faster. Its ironic there is so much 'P2W' talk here when in essence hording aventurine so you can get these missions done in 30 minutes is basically the same as spending credits to get something instantly. The biggest irony is you dont even have to horde the aventurine and the new proposed 5K cap is more than enough to let people do these as fast as they are right now. Again, assuming they dont change the RNG. But even if they do so what. So it takes a couple days instead of 30 minutes to finish the chain.

In the end, like I said minions are a complete free roll and to expect too much from them isnt realistic. The changes they have made (or are going to make) are more than likely going to make it much better for everyone. Then next year the rewards might actually be decent.

Your post needs a tl;dr. Also, that seems more fitting for this thread and not so much my guide.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Your post needs a tl;dr. Also, that seems more fitting for this thread and not so much my guide.
    Maybe (to both), but theyre all inter related. The commentary following the guide opened the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    Maybe (to both), but theyre all inter related. The commentary following the guide opened the door.
    My commentary was that the rewards for a questline that cannot be repeated is poor. Because it is. All of the little hyperbole/anecdotal comments you had really missed the simple point I was putting across.

Aventurine cap has nothing to do with the fact that a ONE TIME questline has poor rewards no matter what was brought up by Tacitus. If it were just the 4hr world event cards that were nerfed, then the statements would have made sense. Aventurine isn't even needed for the questline unless you're shuffling/hurrying to complete which has nothing to do with attempting to earn more rewards with little effort. Except for this years where the final mission is a 4h card that does use Aventurine. 8hrs cost nothing. 5/15m cost nothing. 1m cost nothing.

So you kind of missed the point a bit.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-13-2016 at 11:24 AM.

To the OP:
    Thank you very much for this guide. Given what the end result was, I would have been furious if I had to do this by trial and error.

To Trion:
    The rewards stink. I got one costume piece, one I already had. There were a few minor dim items, and cthucken that I won't use.

This iteration of the WE quest cthucks.

Plane Walker

Thanks for the guide. Really would have thought Trion would have reacted to the disater that was the Summerfest premium minion. Disapointing.

Plane Walker

Where does this come from? Not in http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...questline.html either

Champion of Telara

May be from the 2014 questline
    Smidge
    <Guess>
    Wolfsbane

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SmidgePlays View Post
    May be from the 2014 questline
    But there's no new minion back then?

@OP i'm able to get the last 4hr chain without having to send Gambahl:

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    But there's no new minion back then?

@OP i'm able to get the last 4hr chain without having to send Gambahl:

I'll edit that. I only added that as Accol mentioned how to finish it but then later stated it was probably coincidence that he sent the attractor out. Thanks for that confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    Where does this come from? Not in http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...questline.html either
    Did you ever hover over chain on the card? That would have given you a tooltip with information tied to the minion quest it is a part of.

Champion of Telara

ok, found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkin View Post
    Not sure this is relevant, but I did find this almost *immediately* after I obtained the Athelan the Fallen.

I am returning to rift from a long break so I am unsure if that relates to any past minion chains or if this is something new.
    so it appears that it shows up after the 2015 quest line is finished

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...estline-3.html
    Smidge
    <Guess>
    Wolfsbane

Pie

<sigh> 74 Cthucken, one ceiling of cobwebs dim item, one pile of small pumpkins dim item, and one metallic cowl costume helm from how many years ago? Nothing new......as you all have been saying, sad.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That is the worst implementation, ever.

Two costume pieces and maybe 6 dimension items. A ****load (94) of Cthucken and a miniscule amount of Autumn Harvest Ambersap. So glad I have a lot of level 60 drinks for a level 65 character.

Out of of all missions done and costume/dimension only came from the 8hr. There's really no reason to do this for world event currency or a chance at world event costume items. It's really if you just want to get the minions + the achievement. Outside of that, the minion questlines are getting worse and worse with each event.
    I saw one old weapon costume piece, a few dimension items, a small amount of ambersap, and a lot of Cthucken. I would agree that these world event missions really are not worth it. Every world event is basically the same thing. Buy a minion for a quest chain that really doesn't give you much of anything except new minions that you don't really need anyway.

I would really like to see more added to the minion system in general. It was great when it was released, but its very basic and could do so much more.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 10-15-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Shadowlander

The Cthucken may be level 60 but it heals 89k, 10k less than the koilent, better than HFOM. That's any non-tank healed to full from just rezzed.

Got 2 common and 2 uncommon dim items, 88 drinks, idk a bunch of ambersap. And 3 minion cards. Fair for approx the same amount of cred as a trove, nothing to write home about.

Did the entire chain with just under 5k aventurine... so yah I don't get how that change will matter.

Shadowlander

Minions are a total waste of money now. You get nothing for festival minions except a handful of sap and Cthucken. I did receive one signet. No clothing, no trove, nothing. Save your money and credits as these are just no longer worth anything.

Also with the cap limit to be 5k now, no reason at all to spend my money in your store on minions, they are useless.

After playing many online games for over 15 years online, you learn to watch how companies screw themselves out of customer's. This rates right up there.

Stan's lure was awesome at the start. Then you completely nerfed it to crap you can get out of dimension stashes. Next you raised the price of the oils. Almost all of us stopped fishing then.

This is not the way to get new players. I used to go on other game forums & give a glowing report of Rift's dimensions. Come try it! It's fantastic. I would not do that now. I'm not saying all of the dimension things are bad, yet basic things are left out & most other things nerfed. You cap us on item limit's ok, understand that one. Yet do not have the most basic things in the items. Roads? Paths? Those two items would cut way down on dimension item count. Not to forget large, yes large not small large grass pieces. Basic dirt, grass, snow etc squares that get very large. Yep nada.

So for me, this just killed the minions after a long line of killing most other nice things you once had.
    Last edited by Tarindil; 10-15-2016 at 09:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast